Oracle of Rama

VoodooGyal

Has anyone got this deck? Just curious how you use the cards :) :) I'm not very familiar with the Rama story or Vedic, but I love the deck especially the purplish box that I have to have it lol. Yes the box attracted me first!!

catlin

Never heard of this oracle before! Where did you find it?

BTW if you want to read an entertaining retale of the Rama myths, check out the fantasy stories by Ashok Banks (sorry, I don't know the English title, because I got the German translation).

BodhiSeed

I've just ordered this oracle but haven't received it yet. This link explains the Ramayana (Rama's story). Scroll down to "Synopsis" and you'll find a summarized version of each of its books:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramayana

Many blessings,
Bodhran

VoodooGyal

Thank you guys for the great suggestions and a really cool link you got there Bodhran!

Catlin: I spot this oracle in the standard Collins bookstore .. I live in Australia. Just a normal bookstore!!

catlin

VoodooGyal said:
Catlin: I spot this oracle in the standard Collins bookstore .. I live in Australia. Just a normal bookstore!!

*sigh* I don't live in down under, so this is another for the wish list.

sunflowr

You will love this deck! I saw it at Borders and grabbed it as it was the only one. I've been looking for more Hindu oracle and tarot decks. This is one of my favorites. It works along the same lines as an I-Ching (as it is a book-based oracle), where you pick a card that corresponds to a verse in the book. You then pick a separate set of cards that are included (7 cards I think) and you read the specific meaning that goes with the verse you got. They act sort of like "moving lines" in the I-Ching.

I highly recommend it. It's been very accurate!

BodhiSeed

Catlin I ordered mine from Amazon, and it just came in.

The only disappointment I have with this deck is that I was expecting beautiful artwork throughout the deck. Instead, there are about six cards with gorgeous pictures on them; the rest have only a thumbnail size print with parts of the story listed below it. However, I have used these cards and gotten some insight into a situation with them, so I do think they are helpful.

Many blessings,
Bodhran

VoodooGyal

I agree with Bodhran that I would love to see more pictures rather than the small thumbsize picture, but in all I love the cards and I don't mind bonding with the cards, as they give accurate representation of my situation :D

Catlin: I don't know how you feel about ordering from amazon as they sometimes take time with delivery. But here's a link from the germany amazon, hope you can read the german!! :D

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/1932771298/aeclecticta0a-21/

catlin

VoodooGyal said:
Catlin: I don't know how you feel about ordering from amazon as they sometimes take time with delivery. But here's a link from the germany amazon, hope you can read the german!! :D http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/1932771298/aeclecticta0a-21/

LOL, since I am German, I guess I can read it ;)

Thanks for the link, I wonder how similar this deck is to the Bhagavad Gita deck I got some years ago? Does anybody have by chance both decks???

BlueLotus

I have had this deck for a while now, and did just a couple of readings ; that's because it's advised by the creator of this deck to do readings once a week. I chanted om Ram 108 times as instructed before I went ahead and used these cards. ( Preferably on a full-moon day, or five days before the new moon day. New moon day should be avoided - although this again depends on one's urgent need, attitude and intention )

I plan to read with these cards on Thursdays only ,as per the book, this is an auspicious day.

It's easy to understand the message on the card you pick and read its connotation right on the cards but for more information one may refer to the accompanying booklet, but then an extra card will be picked ( face down ) of the 7 dieties/diviine guides, to complete that reading and get the needed insight.

Although the cards are rather big, I found no problem shuffling them, but unfortunetly the nylon cover on one of the cards got pulled upword, but luckily it's the one with the instructions .

I find readings with this deck amazingly accurate.