payment: the sticky issue

Ellie121

I have never been to a tarot reader so i dont know how much people charge for their time.

Can any of you guys give me an idea of how much to expect ?
Im not thinking about charging for a reading for a very long time- but i am curious about it.

Whats, say, the minimum a reader would charge? (and max)

catlin

That really depends on where you live, what you offer, if you do remote or face-to-face readings, where you do your readings....

Ellie121

Well im from London- so lets say
Face to face reading, and an in-depth reading.

zhahmi

Most of the tarot readers that I've seen where I'm originally from (Southwestern Ontario, Canada) charge around $20 to $25 dollars.

Thirteen

I've never charged for a reading. But what I see at RenFaires usually run about $15-$20 (U.S.) for 30 minutes.

When charging for anything, the best way to do it is charge high for the small amount--but create bargain prices for longer. So, for example, you may charge $10 for fifteen minutes, $20 for 30 minutes, but if they want an hour you'll only charge $30-35, not $40. That way they're more willing to pay the highest price because they get more for the money.

Alta

I have seen a flat Dollar per minute charged. i.e. $30 for 30 minutes. This is in Canada. At a fair I had a 10 minutes or so reading done for $10, which I guess is the same but seemed like a bargain at the time. Good reading, too.

Jacko85

I was charged £20 for my reading and it was a *damn* good reading. The lady that read for me had a lot to tell me - I must've been with her at least 45 minutes, maybe even an hour. She did three or four spreads for me too, all of which shocked me with their accuracy, both past, present and future (since a few things have happened since the reading that she said would - i.e. going back into education).

I've heard of people being charged £25 for readings though.

Lady Orchard

In London for a face to face reading you're looking at about £25

EnglishRose

My friend went to a Mind Body and Spirit fair and paid £30 for a half an hour reading! She did get the reading recorded for her but, in my opinion, it was a total waste of money. It was a tarot reading but the woman also talked about astrology.

catlin

Wow, I notice readings in GB seems to be more expensive than in US or am I mistaken?