Online course?

JoyfulSoul

Hello everyone. I am new here and I've just been searching the forums to see what I can find about resources for learning the tarot. I've been through Google and found a few sites, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any recommendations on sites for learning the Tarot? I see there is a section on the AT site about it too.

Many thanks.

Peace,
JD

Unknownspirit

Do you mean a online class that you have to pay for?
Or just sites that help you along?

If it's the 2nd I would have to recommend the one here. Thirteen is great at writing. Thirteen's writings have helped me a lot back while I was still learning the meanings of all the cards.

JoyfulSoul

Looking to learn. I really don't know much about the tarot right now.

It could be free or pay I guess.

Sulis

Joan Bunning has a downloadable course on her site and she also has a book called 'Learning the Tarot' which is basically the same course.

It uses a keyword system and works mainly with the Celtic Cross spread - not for everyone but many people rate this course highly.
Here's a link: http://www.learntarot.com/course.htm

I think that Barnes and Noble run a course that is based on the Joan Bunning one too.

If you can do without an actual course - take a look at the learning resources here on Aeclectic.
Thirteen's basic card meanings are wonderful and are availabe in an ebook.
Either follow this link:http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/ or click the little sword in the top right of the screen.

Lady Orchard

I would agree that Thirteen's meanings are a great place to start. That's how I stumbled upon this site before joining the forum.

EnglishRose

Lotustarot.com does a free 12 week course which i'm doing at the moment. Its called Pleasure of the Tarot and they email you the lesson once a week.

Sigmar

I signed up and cannot wait for my first weeks email ^_^

thnx
Sigmar

JoyfulSoul

Learing...

Very cool. I spoke with my friend and I think we're going to follow the structure of the Sharman-Caselli book (learning the minor's first...etc) and add in the meanings found in Thirteen's writings as well as some other books that she has.

This is going to be awesome. I'm very excited!!

Thanks everyone. I hope all is well with you.

Peace,
JD