Do i need an exact time of birth?

EnglishRose

I've asked my mum what time i was born but she can't remember the exact time. She says around 8-8:30pm and i was just wondering if its possible for me to find out my rising sign from that or do i need an exact time? Thank you to anyone who can help.
Sophie

dadsnook2000

Possible easy answers

There may be possible and easy answers to your question. You could go onto one of the on-line chart calculation sites and run a chart for 8:00, 8:15 and 8:30 pm. While the charts will be very similar, the major difference will be in the MC and ASC angles. You will be looking to see if there is a planet at/near one of those angles. If so, ask yourself if you express that planet's symbolism. If you do, use that associated time. If you don't, then one of the other times may be more appropriate.

Now, if you have moved some distance from your birth place -- now, or when you moved to North Africa -- you could run a chart for those locations and for each of the three times. Again you would be looking for a planet near the ASC or MC angles. If so, was your experience in that location symbolic of that planet for that time of birth? This is a lot of detective work but may be the only way of telling for sure what your approximate birth time is. Dave

EnglishRose

Thanks Dave for replying, i didn't realise i could find an online rising sign calculator so i've taken your advice, found a website and calculated different times to see which signs i might be.
Finding out the MC and ASC ANGLES does sound like a lot of hard work but definitely worth it. Thanks again,
Sophie

The_Star

rectification.....

EnglishRose said:
I've asked my mum what time i was born but she can't remember the exact time. She says around 8-8:30pm and i was just wondering if its possible for me to find out my rising sign from that or do i need an exact time? Thank you to anyone who can help.
Sophie

You can 'fine tune' (rectification) your approximate birth time by watching (inner and outer) lunar transits (monthly) crossing your ascendant and/or mid heaven. Or by observing big shifts that have taken place in the past by planets changing houses or transits as described above.