The Oracle of the Grail Code

Satori

Newly out in Barnes & Noble is the stunning and richly detailed Oracle of the Grail Code by Amy Sophia Marashinsky.
http://www.amysophia.com/

"Based around 33 Feminine aspects that correspond to the wisdom and essence at the foundation of the Grail legends."

This is a deck and book set packaged in a nifty cigar-style box that is as beautiful as the deck itself. Prepare yourself for paintings that range from DaVinci to Denner to Botticeli and Lauri Blank.

The cards have brief keywords printed on them and every card has an accompanying meditation printed in the companion book. While I'm not one to sit and meditate for long periods with my decks, several of the meditations offered here have captured my attention and I know that I will definitely try some of them. I will definitely do the meditation offered with Nurturing, as it is a walk thru a labyrinth and allows you to commune with a formal garden as well as Mother Earth!

I'm not bothered by keywords and in fact welcome them on many decks and this deck is no different, except in the case of the card that depicts the Mona Lisa.

Under the Mona Lisa is the keyword Merriment.
Now I have sat with this card over and over again and I just cannot get Merriment from it. I welcome commentary from others on this one, but for me, the body language is just too relaxed and still and Mona Lisa's eyes just do not engage me in Merriment.

Otherwise, the deck is truly enchanting and the cards are large enough that the paintings feel expansive rather than cramped.

I've done personal readings with the deck and received some pretty startling results.

Let me know if you've seen the deck, bought the deck and liked the deck.

I really enjoy it, and need to spend some time with the book before weighing in more on that, but so far, I've enjoyed what I've read.

Rusty Neon

One word associated with Mona Lisa is of course "smile" (albeit enigmatic in the painting). So, I guess that from that, one could get "Merriment".

Katitzi

Oh I am so glad you brought up this oracle for discussion. I just bought it, but haven´t opened the box yet, since I am not sure whether or not to keep it. The art is beautiful to me but I haven´t seen all the cards yet, scans are nowhere to be found on the web, and the store didn´t have a copy on display to browse through. Does anybody here have the Golden Tarot by kat black? Could they be used in conjunction?

blessings from Katitzi

darwinia

"a unique divination system based on the recently rediscovered acknowledgement of the hidden Feminine side of the Grail legends. The Oracle is based around 33 divine Feminine aspects that correspond to the wisdom and essence at the foundation of the Grail legends. "

Amazing what becomes "recently discovered" when there's a bit of cash to be made.

Mmmm, I smell money.

Surely the recently discovered connection between Eudaimonism and the manifestation of René Descartes on a wall in Laforce, Quebec will come to light one day, fully explained in a card deck!

Katitzi

Now I have opened the box...couldn´t resist it... I really do love the artwork but I am put off by the back design of the cards. Did she have to write "Oracle of the Grail Code- book and card collection" on the back of every single card?..I think they would have been much better off without the printed text. Bummer.

Katitzi

Oh yeah, I did a reading together with the Golden Tarot and found that they really worked well with one another. The art is similar, and the Oracle can be used as an overall guiding principle for the reading. I did a five-card tarot spread and drew one Oracle card for overall guidance.

norn

Just wanted to let any one know, these cards work really well the more you use them. Just like with any other tarot or oracle, you need to be called by them, and then they really work. I have a friend who bought them without really knowing about them or wanting them, and they didn't work as well for her as they did for me. I saw them and right away I knew I had to work with them. The readings have been really amazing.

I pulled the emotions card for the number three card in the three card spread. The position is for "what I really need to do". And the emotions card said that either I or someone I was close to needed to get in touch with thier emotions and talk them through before they self destruct.

There was more to the reading, but this was so on mark that I was blown away.

and the artwork is gorgeous!

Blessings!

Norn

Shadow Wolf

I really love this deck. The artwork is gorgeous !! The readings I've done with it are really accurate , I think it also offers a meditation on each card.

Sherringham

Its beautiful, and guess what I have just done .......

Sherringham

It came yesterday!!!