Reading on mundane questions

euripides

I did a reading yesterday about decluttering. I know it might sound trivial to you, but its important to me - I'm trying to get my life under control and having the house running smoothly is part of that. At the moment I'm feeling a bit snowed under with it and like I'm pushing (bleep) uphill.....

so anyway, I asked the cards what I should do and it was very obscure. I've forgotten what I drew... I think there was a Knight of Swords... but generally I just found it really hard to see anything there. I'm thinking of getting something like a Housewives Tarot or something for mundane matters.

Or do you think I shouldn't be asking these questions of the tarot at all?

firecatpickles

euripides said:
This came up a few months back -someone asking about what kind of pizza to buy or whatnot. I don't think I participated, but I think that little things to some are big things to others.

I asked the cards what I could do to make my class more enriching and I read that I should do a cross-curricular project with the geography and math teachers. You know, it was a mundane thing to ask -but 85 or so children are going to benefit from it. I guess what I'm trying to say is, "Ya never know..."

KK
:TCHAR

Unknownspirit

kilts_knave said:
This came up a few months back -someone asking about what kind of pizza to buy or whatnot. I don't think I participated, but I think that little things to some are big things to others.
That was the one I was looking for!
But I couldn't find it.

Dwaas

Hello europides,
I think you can ask your cards anything, also to help you get organised with inhouse matters. A knight of swords may point to you to let you know you are on your way, gathering your thoughts, concentrating on what matters for you now in life and being prepared to face that. Now it is time to change thought into action.

Tarot IS mundane in a way, cards once and still made for gameplaying, and reading them is not wrong when done in a playful way. I can see why the Housewives Tarot could add to your specific questions. And besides of that, I think it is a beautiful complete tarot as well, also for other matters.
Why not treat yourself for your hard work with such fine cards? :)

Blessings

euripides

Thanks, Dwaas, that was very nicely said, thank you!

I like your thoughts on the Knight too - those are the subtleties I still miss sometimes. I had been doing some reading on Elemental qualities and so on but its been a little while and I find I'm rather rusty, which probably doesn't help.

Thanks for the thread links guys - I figured it had been asked before but had no clue what to search for!

cheers
Helen

Talisman

Weighing on a cosmic scale

euripides said:
I did a reading yesterday about decluttering. I know it might sound trivial to you, but its important to me - I'm trying to get my life under control and having the house running smoothly is part of that. At the moment I'm feeling a bit snowed under with it and like I'm pushing (bleep) uphill.....

so anyway, I asked the cards what I should do and it was very obscure. I've forgotten what I drew... I think there was a Knight of Swords... but generally I just found it really hard to see anything there. I'm thinking of getting something like a Housewives Tarot or something for mundane matters.

I know cards have layers of meaning so I looked up the LWB and another book I have to no avail... maybe I'm missing something.

cheers
Helen

'Lo Helen,

Who says that Tarot cards can't focus on the mundane "everyday" issues as well as the "Big Secrets of life and the universe" ?

The Knight of Swords may stand for a revolution, for changes in your routine and the way you deal with things, the beginning of a mental adjustment.

Re: decluttering. With his sharp sword, the Knight of Swords may be advising you not to look at the problem of clutter as a whole, which may be overwhelming, but to take one small thing at a time. Break it up into small parts. Try tackling just one thing each day.

You may never catch up with clutter this way, but at least you'll hold your own.

And, on a cosmic scale, one question is just as important as another.

The Knight of Swords is a tricky fellow, but I think this beats burning your house down and starting from scratch. Let your mantra be just one thing.

Wish you well,

~ Talisman

Apollonia

Hi, Euripedes! One way to address your question that I like to use is a problem solving exercise rather than a spread, where you ask how each Major Arcana card would solve the problem. You do this in a brainstorming manner, writing down all the answers you get for each card as fast as you can, with a time limit of two minutes per card. When you're done, review all the answers. Some of them will be unsuitable for various reasons, but some will be repeated several times, and those are the ones to look at seriously.

WalesWoman

Knight of Swords would be a great card for cleaning and decluttering. On Legends, it shows the Knight riding away from a blaze of deadwood at the edge of a forest.

So to me it would be fairly quick, not getting sentimental while you are sorting things out and tossing them out remorselessly. Sort of just do it, in a logical bold fearless manner... decisively. Having some sort of criteria for what goes and what doesn't... also he's highly organized and thorough about things too.

The Knight is that whole whirlwind of thought in action... sort of chaotic... so it could be dragging everything out and dividing it up, sorting things out and using that sword to cut and cull through the clutter. (although that breaking it down into small tasks is a good idea)

Too bad you forgot what the other cards were... I'm not sure what help you'd need to get everything back together once the Knight of Swords rushes of in search of another mission... cause he usually makes the mess and leaves it for others to clean up after. 10 Wands might be a real help... someone to haul all the "clutter" away. :D Queen Swords might be good help for re-organizing and putting things where they belong in a simplistic, orderly manner. 7 Swords would be good for making some things just vanish, things you know you don't need, but someone else is attatched to, like favorite stinky shoes and worn out shirts, etc... so the only option is to make them vanish under mysterious circumstances.

Emperor would be good too... to put his foot down and make the criteria for what is essential and what is clutter... and having the will power/authority to enforce it and carry through on it.

I need to do a reading like this too... only I wish the characters would actually show up and do it, instead of telling me how I can. :laugh: