Tarot and Reiki

purplefrog26

Does anyone else combine Tarot readings and Reiki? Whenever I touch my cards the Reiki starts to flow and I use it to guide me in laying out the spread. At the end of the reading, I find myself taking the clients hands and sending them some Reiki energy if the client is open to it. I was wondering if anyone else is using energy healing with the cards and if so how?

Thanks
Purplefrog26

jmd

Some people prefer to not work with (or be submitted to) reiki. I wonder if the person is consciously aware that this may be taking place in your description of your taking hold of your querents' hands and reiki-ing, purplefrog26? (perhaps that is what you meant, of course, by 'if the client is open to it')

What always fascinates me are the myriad ways in which we each, in our individual ways, bring to tarot our other skills and interests, and the manner in which these become progressively integrated.

poivre

I may be WAY OFF here but
wouldn't making the reading flow with the energy
of the cards and the client across the table from us,
be a type of Reiki?

Just asking!
ros :)

(I'm a person who hugs or rubs someones arm or back.
Touching someone's hands would take me some practice,
but I'm o.k. with it.)

jmd

Ah! I see where there may perhaps be differences in views with regards to reiki, and hence with reiki and Tarot.

One view is that reiki is the flow of 'universal' energy that is allowed to flow via the hands (or being) of the person who practices it.

Another view considers that there are numerous types of spiritual energies, and that the 'attunement' one receives works on altering the etheric matrix of the person such that a specific type of energy is able flow or be channeled.

For those who consider that reiki is of the second form, the energy flow is considered quite distinct from what may otherwise appear to be a similar practice.

TemperanceAngel

jmd said:
One view is that reiki is the flow of 'universal' energy that is allowed to flow via the hands (or being) of the person who practices it.
That's the view I have, and I also think a reading is a flow of Universal energy.
I, personally think, whether it is Reiki, Universal Energy or what ever you like to call it that a reading is healing.
There's that part in the reading where you feel your clients energy shift and that is the healing moment.

I like to read with Tarot in one session and make Reiki another session. I mean a different one. But it does not mean you cannot combine them.

Interesting thread, purplefrog26 :)

purplefrog26

"Some people prefer to not work with (or be submitted to) reiki. I wonder if the person is consciously aware that this may be taking place in your description of your taking hold of your querents' hands and reiki-ing, purplefrog26? (perhaps that is what you meant, of course, by 'if the client is open to it')"

Yes I respect that some don't want Reiki so I always ask before I touch them but for me it is a nice way to end a reading.

The Reiki that flows during the session is something that is more directed at myself and the cards to help us be focused on the reading so I don't really talk about it unless someone asks. And quite frankly the first couple of times I read after I was attuned I thought I was going insane because it felt so different.

Purplefrog26