Infinity stone?

catlin

Redflash and me were musing about the geology of a stone called "infinity stone", it's a kind of marble like looking grey stone with a little bit of black in it, but it does feel "soapy" like jade.

Could it be something like grey jade?

Acadia

I LOVE Infinite Stone!! It's an awesome healing stone!

It is a version of Serpentine found specifically in Africa... South Africa I think. It can't be found any where else in the world, and it's price is rising dramatically as its popularity goes up.

But it's such a fun stone... The colors vary somewhat wildly... I have some that are aqua, light green, pea green, gray-white with black stripes, light baby blue... But they all have that trademark "soft" and "smooth" feel to it.

When I was getting my Reiki attunement, I had to learn all about Infinite Stone. If there's anything you need in the way of what to do with it, how to cleanse it, let me know. There's not a ton of info out there about it, but I've collected a great number of bits and pieces through the years. :)

lark

I met the man who discovered it and named it.
Bought a nice piece from him and I love it.
Mine is the green shade beautiful thin white lines going through it.
And as Arcadia said it has this creamy, smooth feeling.
Mine looked chalky when I bought it but after I washed it in cool water the color was a soft sea green and the details really popped out.
He gave me a sheet on what it properties are.
So I'll share~
I'm going to condense it.

MEGA HEALING
It seems that anything negative that we manifest in our bodies (physical, emotional, mental, spiritual) will be sought out and targeted by Infinite's loving, angelic energy.
It works through gentle tenderness.
Some problems need a soft touch that more powerful stones can't break through, that's when Infinite does it's best work.
Stimulates a softer pathway for the Kundalini, clearing of clouded chakras and opening the crown.

Meditative state enhancer.
Telepathic receptivity and projection strengthened.

Can be used in the treatment of veins, pours, lungs, chronic fatigue, and tissue regeneration.
Muscles, PMS and emotional problems.

Infinite is a lot about control.
Stimulates awareness of how we control, releases old bonds, and clears a path to recognition of the true self.
With it we can release control over others, yet maintain a sense of control in our own life.
Helps us to stand back and gather understanding and knowledge before we approach a situation so that when we do approch it, it can be moved forward for the highest good.

Allows a bonding between you and what you desire, while allowing you to release it at the proper time when your need for it has been fufilled.
(good stone to get over a broken relationship)

I went to a seminar about it so some of this is from that too.

Wonderful when used together with Selenite.

Arcadia I'd love to hear some of the things you've discovered about it!

catlin

Thanks, guys, you're helpful as ever!

I used this stone on my elbow and it seems to have improved.

Yes, please tell me how to handle this stone properly (I think decharging it in a bed of hematite and recharging it with clear quartz won't harm the infinity stone?).

Acadia

What to learn about Infinite Stone… Where do I begin! :D

I’m going to try not copying what was written previously since it’s all great information…

Let’s see… When it comes to recharging Infinite, recharge it by laying it overnight on the soil of a potted plant (I feel the need to specify a LIVING potted plant, lest you have green thumbs like mine with indoor plants… :)). Putting it in a potted White Sage plant is the best! For just general cleansing, smudge it with White Sage, though I should say that Infinite should be recharged after every use. Infinite does NOT like to be recharged with water, so it’s best to not use or introduce water to Infinite. But smudging, it loves the smudging.

Infinite is a spectacular Reiki stone, used for drawing out all sorts of things. It’s also one of the few stones that does not need direct “programming” in order to do what it needs to do. It automatically seeks out sites of weakness, negativity, disease, or pain. It is also one of the only (if not the only) stones that Native American Crystal Healers believe is strong and nurturing enough to be laid on or around the body for healing without hurting the stone or “canceling out” the energy of other stones.

Infinite does have a kindred spirit… A twin separated at birth, as it were. And that lost twin would be Larimar. Larimar and Infinite together make an absolutely SPECTACULAR healing combination. It’s also a combination of stones that is great for aiding in grief, breaking the bonds of stress, easing the mind into gentle relaxation, or inducing a calm feeling. By themselves, both are very strong stones, but together… Wow. I wish I could begin to recount the successful and powerful experiences I’ve had with Larimar and Infinite. I know people get turned off by the price… Larimar, like Infinite, is going steadily up in price, but I promise, you can still find reasonably priced and spectacular specimens, and the complimenting energy it brings to Infinite is well worth it.

Another wonderful thing about Infinite is that it is a rare stone that is can be found in what’s called your “true color.” For those who don’t know a lot about working with colors in crystals, independent of the gemstone’s qualities, your “true color” is the color that compliments your vibration. In general, the color is green, but finding the shade of green that resounds within you is the tricky part. Now, hear me out… I completely didn’t believe that at first, because my favorite color is purple, and I thought that a shade of purple would be most resounding to me personally. But a woman who was helping through my Reiki training, who swore to me up and down and sideways that green was “the color” and it could be found in Infinite set out to convince me of it by showing me dozens and dozens of Infinite Stones. I was amazed by all the stones, but one especially seemed more resonating to me than all of the others… It was this perfect shade of green, and I didn’t feel like I was looking at it with my eyes… I felt like I was looking at it from the back of my head… For lack of a better description. It was like I wasn’t even seeing it, just registering its impression directly from my brain… Almost like if I had been blind and looked at it, I could have still seen it. It was an amazing feeling. And it really hit home just exactly what the “true color” theory means. And Infinite is one of the only stones that comes in such a range of color that you can find “the one” that will resonate with you.

Another interesting thing about its color is that it will appear that the color will change… Being vivid and vibrant to almost washed out and without any sort of color to it. That’s what makes it such an excellent healing stone… You can tell when it’s done its job and when it’s had enough and needs a break.

There’s so much more I could share, especially with regard to the Larimar/Infinite combination. I’m kind of having a brain fart though, so I can’t think of what else to add without sounding like I’m babbling.

Oh, I remember, if you store your Infinite, store it in a red natural fiber bag. That helps it marinate in its own energy… Kind of like a turkey in the oven roasting in its own juices and becoming tastier and tastier…

Great… Now I’m hungry. :D

catlin

Thanks, Acadia, for all that input!!!

Believe it or not, but I feel for ages drawn to Larimar and some years ago I bought a tiny silver Goddess pendant with the Goddess drawing down a wonderful Larimar moon! I love it, it is one of my favs. Luckily I got that treasure when nearly no-one in Germany was interested in Larimar, so it was only a "blue stone" for the seller and I therefore got it at a reasonable prize :D

I have some sage bundles at home and I will see to find a living sage bush for my Infinite stone. And I have some red velvet baggies at home so I can store it in there (currently the Infinite is housed in the inside pouch of my red rucksack, next to my Mini Grimaud).

lark

That is so strange the day I bought my Infinite stone I also bought a Larimar pendant!
Now I know why I was drawn to it so powerfully.
They wanrted to be together

Sometimes I just sit and page through my crystal books and let a stone pop out at me and I know if it's my next purchase because it comes swiftly into my life after that.
Larimar had been jumping out at me...and I went to an Expo and there was this beautiful pendant...
And the next week I went to another Expo and there was a braclet.....

I will definitely be working with them together.

Thank you for the cleansing techniques I had no info on that yet.
I always write up a little bit about each stone I own in a note book and what you wrote will be a great addition.

I to got to pick mine out of a big basket of Infinite.
I took my time and had a little line of stones layed out, blues, grays, greens, but in the end, just like you said, I was so drawn to this particular shade of green.

He talked at the seminar about using it in combination with Selenite which I have been doing with good results, but I can see where Larimar would be wonderful.
They are both such gentle stones they remind me of the Strength card.
They both have a self confident, patient, gentle strength.

Acadia

LOL It's funny, when I mention that Larimar and Infinite Stone are wonderful with each other, it often is like a light turns on... This "ah HA!" realization... :D White Sage, Larimar, and Infinite... Wowey zowey!

I did notice a "boo-boo" in my post:

"It is also one of the only (if not the only) stones that Native American Crystal Healers believe is strong and nurturing enough to be laid on or around the body for healing without hurting the stone or “canceling out” the energy of other stones."

I should have written that it's one of the only stones they believe is strong and nurturing enough to be laid on or around the body for healing ****in conjunction with other stones that are already laying around or on the body**** without hurting the stone or cancelling out the energy of the other stones.

To clarify further, I've worked with a couple Native American Crystal Healers in Woodstock VT and Bar Harbor ME, and they generally and quite passionately believe two fundimental "ethics" with crystal laying:

1. You should never lay more than one stone on or around the body for the purposes of healing, as the energies may conflict and negatively affect the person being treated and the stones themselves.

2. When the need arises to use more than one stone, special attention should be given to what order the stones are introduced to the person so as to help the person in the most productive, yet least shocking way possible.

Keeping these two rules in mind, Infinite Stone is one of the only stones that I can think of that I was taught about that transcends this rule, as it's spirit is overall gentle and complimentary and a very self-governing stone with regards to its own energy. Infinite Stone can be used with other stones and be in a person's field at the same time, as long as the stone was purified with White Sage, with wonderful results. Even though Infinite is not a stone that would have been available back during the oldest forms of Crystal Healing, I was told that it is used now with great results, and one of them even feels that Infinite can be used in substitute of Turquoise in healing rituals, because Infinite holds the same sort of powers that Turquoise held hundreds of years ago.

But that's a different duck for a different day. :)

redflash

Catlin, I hope it's working for the achey joints ! Pleased people on here know a lot about the stone because I had no information on it for you whatsoever. Good luck with it ! xx

catlin

Great stone

Acadia said:
1. You should never lay more than one stone on or around the body for the purposes of healing, as the energies may conflict and negatively affect the person being treated and the stones themselves.

2. When the need arises to use more than one stone, special attention should be given to what order the stones are introduced to the person so as to help the person in the most productive, yet least shocking way possible.

How interesting: when I first started trying out stones for healing purposes in a time when this was very new in Germany, I instinctively choose only one stone at a time or I made sure that the stones were of the same sort (eg a tiger eye pendant + tiger eye bracelet), nothing more.

BTW I found a very nice Chinese red silk box which I put in some sage and in which I house the Infinity stone when not in use. Besides, the box is easier to be found in my red rucksack than a small bag when I take the stone with me.

Redflash, you will be pleased to hear that I am already better!!! Thanks a lot, I am very in debt to your Infinity stone.