Aperol vintage 46 cards think from 70's Help

Tarok_tarot

I bought a set of these on ebay 45 not 46 1 missing . A vintage pack of fortune telling cards in Italian. There are 45 cards the seller is not sure whats missing has anyone got a pack? all I want is to know what cards are so I will know which is missing. any idea's anyone? thanks

f. silvestris

Hi, I bought a deck today. In case you're still interested, it has 22 majors, with the Fool as 21; the minors are severely truncated - each suit contains the Ace, 7, 8, 9, and two court cards (presumably Q & K). They're fabulous cards: sadly, the magician is slightly misprinted in my set - how's yours?

Tarok_tarot

Hi

i got my deck from ebay no instructions or anything so a little off put. the decks not too bad just meanings I want and any spreads ?

f. silvestris

There's a 24 page booklet, entirely in Italian: if you can read it, I'll post you a copy.
It shows 2 spreads - a 7 card spread using, I think, 3 minors and 4 majors; and a 19 card spread using 12 minors and 7 majors.
Personally, I'd treat it as a majors only deck, like the Wirth or any of the older Egyptian themed decks.
Papus is a reasonable generic guide to cards in this style.
I haven't had time to look at the cards thoroughly, but am puzzled by the symbols on the lower right of the cards: if it was an occult deck, I'd think that they represented the Tunnels of Set.

Edited to add: I've just been told they're Hindi script.

Bernice

They're 1973, to promote the Italian aperitif Aperol. Should be 46 cards, that's the complete deck.

Just found a used, in good condition copy.

Bee