Webcam Readings?

linabeet

I'm reading and thinking about the world of online and phone readings and I wonder - is there a place where people can do webcam readings?

Or have any of you done or heard of this?

Is it done on keen and that type of site?

I've only done live readings so far, but have no issue with trying the other mediums (no pun intended), just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think a live video feed could be very useful for showing the cards, holding up what you're talking about, having them see the gesticulations and reactions I have etc.

It would mean I'd have to go out and buy a webcam - and clean up my house a little - but I always need an excuse for that anyway.

Any thoughts on this?

tarotbear

I have always thought this would be a great idea ... but not without a few built-in problems such as the Querent must have one, too, or be able to pick up the feed to see it.

I think showing them the card and them describing it in text is a great idea - you could also use your web cam to show them the entire spread.

September Pixie

I've actually done this. :) The sitter didn't have a webcam, he/she watched me read, I moved the cam to show the cards & their positions.. he/she seemed pretty impressed, but be warned -- a LOT of people out there have computer problems and/or don't have or even know how to start using a webcam site, be prepared to walk them through how to start viewing & chatting.

Some programs make it easy such as Yahoo messenger for example, or you could upload a live feed to a website.

DarkElectric

I'm doing it, with a small eyeball cam and Yahoo Messenger. The querent doesn't need a cam, and messenger supports the feed. (It's the way people do the sex cam thing, which I personally don't advocate, but I figured...why not apply it to tarot?)

I haven't worked all the bugs out yet, and the problem with fees has recently become an issue for me, because PayPal is being directed to open it's files to the Federal Government now. Some specious excuse about "Looking for Overseas Accounts". Nope, more like searching out small fish like me, who does word of mouth biz, and doesn't declare any of the pittance I bring in reading cards.

Anyway, I'd like to hear if other folks are doing this. Be warned about PayPal, though. Homeland Security. Oh Brother. Big Brother.

linabeet

eeeenteresting.

Yahoo msgr eh? So how do you get the querents then? How do you get word of mouth net readings? off your own site maybe?

Pondering these things for future projects.

Thanks for the ideas so far.