The Language of Letting Go Cards by Melody Beattie

Iona

I've been trying to find some images of this deck to get an idea of its general artwork and/or an example of the meaning of the cards. Does anybody knows where I can find them? (I've searched on amazon.com but that didn't helped me much)
Thanks,

Iona

tmgrl2

I actually have her book, The Language of Letting Go. I tried to reorder it for gifts, but think it is out of print...maybe used.

I see it has been reprinted:

I bought it when I first went into 12-Step Program....and still use it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...f=pd_bbs_1/002-9718200-4942464?_encoding=UTF8

Start with this page and then click on "next" and you will see some cards, I believe:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/140...4942464?_encoding=UTF8&p=S005&j=0#reader-page

I go back to her book, whenever my old behaviors kick in!

Only a couple of cards available in the peek. The book is organized by dates and by feelings ....So you can look up "anger" or "sadness" and find a date that is appropriate...or just go through it day by day.

terri

purple_scorp

star-lover said:
there is a poster on here who has bought these in the last few days i know as she pulled a card for me - maybe she can be of help to you if you pm her - her id is purple_scorp
Yup, and here she is......thx star-lover.

I bought this deck last week for AU$25, and then, looked for the book on E-Bay and was able to buy it for AU$2. The book is on its way in the mail to me.

I actually thought I might do a deck review on this deck for ATF because I did a search and couldn't find any posts.

So, Iona....what is it that you want to know? The cards have what I would refer to as "blobby" artwork, in that people seem to be drawn without gender, and as big blobs. There are other objects in the cards than people. Like for example, the one I drew from star-lover had a mother and a child on a hill, with a man working the field (or raking leaves) down below. I don't know that the cards themsElves are terribly intuitive.

I like this deck in general and I'm getting a lot out of them. Can't wait to get the book to see if/how they are related to the deck. But, there is one thing I don't like about the deck and that is that each card is printed on two sides (which means that you have to shut your eyes to pull a card, otherwise you will know what you're pulling). On one side is a complete drawing, and title of the card. On the other is a smaller version of the drawing (with minor changes) and text (that you would normally find in the LWB).

Over the next few days, I'll see if I can scan a couple of cards and paste them here. Feel free to ask me any further questions.

with love
purple_scorp

Elven

WoW - I hadnt heard that name for a while. I have two of her books, but I bought them years ago - both on Co-Dependancy, very helpful!

Blessings
Elven x

Iona

Thanks all for your replies, I appreciate them :)

(I learned the existence of this deck in this forum so I guess I read the post made by Purple_scorp already ;0)

From the cards I could find at Amazon I could not make my mind (I love the artwork for the cover though) and having realised that I already own a book by the same author ('Finding your way home' which I read a long time ago) and remembering nothing about it didn't help me much either.
My idea was to get a deck that I could use for drawing a single card for advice and see how it reflects back in my life, without having to do a spread.

Purple_scorp, if you don't mind my asking and you have spare time, will you please scan two or three cards and write a sample for the writing in its reverse?

Thanks,

Iona

purple_scorp

Hi Iona,

The cover on Melanie's deck box is actually from one of the cards in the deck. It is called "Trusting in God". The text that accompanies it is:

"Today I will know that all my wants will be met. I will give my needs to the Universe and trust that God will take care of the desires of my heart. I will have faith that I truly deserve to have my wants and needs met."

I'll try and scan some cards for you as soon as I can.

with love
purple_scorp

Iona

Thanks Purple_scorp.
If you're still planning to do a review for this deck for ATF I can wait, there's no hurry :)