Question related to be a licensed Tarot Reader?

MAR

Hello! :)

How is that you can be licensed to do tarot readings??? Is this the permission given by the governor?? I mean the permission you have to ask in the state where you live if you have you own business?? Is this just in California or all states??

What about here in Florida?? Do you know anything?

Click the link below and read " A Message from this business" to know what I'm talking about.

http://sanfrancisco.citysearch.com/profile/911561#sponsorTop

anyone??

Anja

That's news to me. I think that was made up. Francois probably had to get an occupational license and uses that to say that he/she is licensed to do tarot readings. I have to admit that, that add made me laugh. Leg waxing and tarot readings, wow, it's a one stop shop. I live in Florida and I have never heard of that. That doesn't mean it isn't true, but I highly doubt it!
Anja

Alta

I would suspect that there are state and municipal licensing laws that vary all over the place. If you are doing 'business', of any sort, likely you will need some sort of official permission. Seems to be pretty universal. The lower the income flow, the fewer the permissions needed, in my observation.

Original Destiny

the thought of having to be licenced! Im a counsellor and have seen what regulation and licencing does to a profession it kills creativity and individuallity. it stifles originallity and produces a bland unwieldy profession that is inflexible and scared of litigation

Alta

I think we may have two threads of thought going here.

What I was referring to was simply a license to do business. That is, any occupation which brings in money and hence is taxable at up to three levels.

Then there is occupational licensing or 'certification'. A different concept completely and I suggest you do a search on 'certification'. This has been exhaustively and acrimoniously discussed several times.

bandido

Marion said:
I think we may have two threads of thought going here.

What I was referring to was simply a license to do business. That is, any occupation which brings in money and hence is taxable at up to three levels.

Then there is occupational licensing or 'certification'. A different concept completely and I suggest you do a search on 'certification'. This has been exhaustively and acrimoniously discussed several times.

I would respectfully disagree that the topic of 'certification' has been discussed exhaustively and acrimonously. Web searches for "certification" are NOT RELIABLE- the majority of U.S.-based links are OUTDATED. I asked about the very topic no more than a week or two ago and my question barely elicited any discussion other than a few links - what I do know is that one tarot cerfication board in the U.S. is now-defunct and obselete (despite having a web site that immediately comes up on web search) yet the other organization certification board in the U.S. *is* legitimate. How's someone supposed to know? Short answer to the topic of certification: Get certified or endorsed from an organization *outside* the United States if you so choose. In the context of certification in the U.S., you're right - it can get acrimonious, not to mention having to keep track of who's still on first and whose on second, etc. Did anyone get "certified" from a U.S. group recently? That's two people - Marion, and myself - who would welcome some insight on the matter.

My understanding for U.S. businesses is that, if your business license is for "consulting" or "personal services," and as long as you file your taxes, and report your earnings to the IRS, there is no "registration" necessary. My understanding is that for business who *do* register as "psychics" or "mediums," et al, many cities will in fact seek some documentation on file -irregardless of whether or not such formalities with law enforcement agencies are publicized. Rule of thumb, pun intended: I've been told that fingerprinting is the norm (for those same law enforcement agencies to help fight fraud), but actual "licensing" does vary by municipality.

Hope that helps. :)

rachelcat

MAR said:
How is that you can be licensed to do tarot readings??? Is this the permission given by the governor?? Is this just in California??

I can just see the Governator handing out framed Licensed Tarot Reader certificates, shaking hands and smiling for the camera, saying "Ahh'll be baaack for more Tarot readings!"

agedog1

Actually I believe it's a business license that the ad is speaking to. Some business' here in Florida have as many as 5 license'. Each License carries a different tax.