I just needed that deck!

wind

Hi!
This never happened to me before, that I was just pulled towards a deck. The Medicine Woman Tarot. Months ago I saw it in a magazine and I felt drawn to it already then. They didn't have it in our store.

Now, months later I spoted it in the store. Money is really tight and I was fighting the urge to buy it for days. But somehow this deck just haunted me. I cannot really explain...I was pulled towards it, it felt so nice, so warm, so lovely. This never happened to me before!

So I was going to the store, watching it in the window and with all my heart I wanted it. I said No many times, I don't have the money, now it is not the time to buy new tarot decks, but I was thinking about this deck all the time. It felt so warm around my heart, just the thought of it.

So, then I decided.
I bought it and just the feeling of having it in my purse when I was carrying it home...I could almost feel it vibrating! Such peaceful and healing energy so fulflling.

At home I opened it and I did some spreads...it is trully amazing, I can almost feel it vibrating. I cannot explain and something like this I ever experienced before. The spread was just vibrating, pulsing!

So, it was a good decision to buy it...it feels like this deck, at least for me, has some kind fo healing energy, very feminine - well, it is a medicine woman tarot, and I can agree with the title. It feels so good to touch it, look at it, do spreads.

Although it is difficult for me to understand it fully, meanings of some cards are quite different and the little booklet is not of much help. Maybe I should buy the book about it, but for this I don't have the money:) It will have to wait.

Does anyone else has this kind of experience?
And does anyone use Medicine Woman Tarot?

martyn_uk

medicine woman

Hi,
the cards do have a certain amount of healing energy to them.I have been using them for about a year now.I find they work best for questions and spreads that work on an emotional level.

the book is a definate yes!..it's very good and thorough, its more of a workbook than just an explanation for the cards.

hope this helps! :)

Grizabella

For each card in the Major Arcana the book has entries for:

Number and Brief Meaning
Traditional Name
Medicine Woman Energy
An Affirmation
The Card Speaks
Self Questioning
An Exercise
A Meditation
A Visualisation
The Astrological Sign
Foods and Colors
and then a longer passage about the meaning of the card

There's briefer information about the Minor Arcana that's easier to absorb.

There's a whole lot of information in the book and for me, it was way too intricate and way too much information to be a help in learning the deck. Especially since I chose it as a first deck. In order to learn the deck, the LWB and your own intuition might actually be a better way to go and then later on get the book that goes with it. The book just overwhelmed and confused me. I could probably get more out of it now if I wanted to devote myself to it, but because it was so detailed with stuff that doesn't really have to do with the actual card meanings, it caused me to just put the whole deck/book aside and never try to use it. I don't think the deck was meant as a reading deck, to tell you the truth, although I'm sure you could read for someone with it if you didn't use the book. I think it's meant more like a personal "workshop", you might say.

I've had the deck for quite a few years and never use it.

Oh, and yes, I've had that experience you describe many, many times. :) A lot of times it wears off for me and I go on to the next deck and the next. I guess I'm a fickle woman. :D

wind

Hi, thank you for sharing!

I will try the book when I get enough money:)