How many of you dream about Tarot?

Lady Orchard

I had a dream last night, I was the ferryman in the 6 of swords.
Everywhere in the water were cups bobbing - and I felt that somebody had emptied the 5 of Cups into my card over and over.

It wasn't depressing though, and in the dream I felt I understood what it meant - that I am successfully moving away from troubles and upset towards the future.

Undoubtedly I am sure that tarot dreams bring messages, but is it also a sign of indulging in tarot too much?! (ie becoming a little obsessed?!)

WolfSpirit

I don't think dreaming about Tarot means you are getting obsessed. You have probably been busy with tarot during the day and when you are asleep, the mind again goes over what you did during the day and digest it further. We all do that, also people who claim they "never dream", they just go back to deep sleep and don't remember what they dreamt about.

I used to dream about tarot but never remembered clearly what it was about, I just knew I did. The dream you had is cool, it is way to connect emotionally with the meaning of a card, instead of just "knowing" the meaning of a card.

a_shikhs

I remember i would keep dreamimg of the emperor and the high priestess. Dunno why. Glad it stopped..

Last year, i had newly bought the Witches Tarot but didnt get time to open them. Finally after a week or two, i dreamed that i was sitting with the RWS deck and they suddenly changed into a new deck of cards. Maybe it was time to open the Witches deck. that was a nice dream though. :D the new deck was really calling to me..

la-luna

Well last night I kind of had a tarot dream don’t remember everything but I remember I was looking in a photoalbum of with pictures of it when I was younger and there I found some tarot cards made with pictures of my and apparently made by me. The only cards I saw clearly where the Magician and the High Priestess. I’m wondering what it. Could mean :confused:

KaiMoonshadow

I had a tarot dream the other night - I was at a party and everyone was the embodiment of a different card... It was very strange ;)

Unknownspirit

I always dream about finding tarot decks in the strangest places. Then I wake up disappointed that I don't really have the deck.

Alta

I don't dream about tarot, but I would be happy to share my 'theory'.

When I first started to study meteorology, it was very intense. It was all new and I was paying very close attention. At night I would see the met symbols and shorthand used by forecasters before my eyes and occasionally dream about them. Not weather as such, but the technical side of it. I think that it may become less likely to dream about something when you are very familiar with it. I never dreamed about them again in the 35 years I was in the field, only when I was learning at a very steep rate.

"The man dreams of the bride but never the wife".... so to speak.

rl4ever

I don’t remember my dreams very clearly (usually), but I’m a beginning reader and have been doing a lot of practicing laying out spreads. I have a vague recollection of dreaming about spreads that turned into blueprints. It was intense, but not scary; for some reason the work was very important, but I had a strong sense of impending accomplishment. Others were working on the project too. There was a team, which is very unusual for me; in most of my dreams, I’m quite the lone wolf.

Lady Orchard, I don’t think you’re necessarily obsessing just because you had a vivid dream involving your cards. I always dream about anything new I’m learning. Besides, your dream was positive; doesn’t sound like a warning to me. One of the benefits of my fundamentalist background is a potentially healthy (if not abused) sense of caution; I pick up on danger signs real quick. Sounds to me more like you were simply having an inner dialogue with yourself about changes for the better, and your brain seized the lovely images from your cards to illustrate it. Thanks for sharing it!

a_shikhs

Last night, i dreamed that i was in my old house and opened a cupboard and there was Tarot of the Secret Forest lying in front of me. I wanted to take it but couldnt as something was stopping me.. Dunno what was stopping me..

Ive been eyeing this deck for a while but no idea why i dreamed of it.. :)

vision777

i remember last night i had did a spread about a guy i wanted to know would we get back together i also remember the last line was high priestess, knight of pentacles and the lovers. when i went to sleep i kept having dreams of me lookng at that line of cards. and by the way the guy is a virgo and he has a wide pointed nose just like the hason-roberts deck. i just wanted to know what kind of hat is that he is wearing ?because it has horns sticking out of them.