Merlinite

redflash

I have a lovely piece of merlinite that I am going to get set into a bangle, I was wondering if any of you have any experiences of this stone? Apparently it goes under lots of different names--moss opal, dendritic agate, dendritic opal, psilomene (sp?).

Little Eagle

Psilomine

Hi this is apparently the original name for this mineral and it was rebranded by a new age mineral company. I have a piece which i keep in my medicine bag. The though of encasing certain minerals like this does not appeal to me compared with others, but as always be guided by your heart. This stone is a bridge between earth and heaven and should be treated with respect. It is a very good Shamanic stone and can help you find your calling if you know how to ask. I now only look for a stone when i feel a pull in my mind and am very selective about what i work with. Too many stones can almost mean trophies and not working friends but you probably know that already. I am curious as to what called you to this stone and how you intend to use it?????????

Namaste

Little Eagle

Durham

I forgot to say that i know Durham well being a Yorkshire boy.

gregory

I know Durham well too..... (where are you now ???) - and such moments are not exclusive to blondes.... :eek:

Little Eagle

I am now a South Aussie. And no i wouldn't come back!!

gregory

I am a dual national - proudly Canadian with a home in Ontario - and I wouldn't willingly have come back either - but aged parents and grandchildren make for an uneasy transatlantic life.... (the JOB is at the UK end - but I am packing it in in July and get to spend more time in a civilised country after that :D SO has to wait a bit longer, poor him !)

redflash

Little Eagle, I honestly don't know why I like this stone ! An employee at the local meta shop asked me last year if I had seen it. I hadn't heard of it. When I saw the pieces sitting in the basket I felt like buying them all ! I have no idea why I'm drawn to it.