PDA

View Full Version : STUDY GROUP: Crystals, Gem & Metal Magic


cjtarot
24-07-2002, 00:32
Hi all,

I am a newby to Reiki, and wanted to know how you would use crystals when doing a Reiki Session. Well, was told to use them as they are. So I pulled out my "Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystals, Gem and Metal Magic" and would like to discuss different stones and what, how and when they are used. Unfortunately my favorite stone is not in the book.

I personally love moldivite...I was lucky enough to find "www.heavenandearth.ws" (heavan & earth - 800-942-9423). This company sells gems via the net and a fantastic catalog.

I would live to know the spiritual meaning of moldivite and why it makes my hands tingle. and when I wear my ring, take it off, I still feel it on my finger..

Cj

catlin
24-07-2002, 00:52
Moldavite is a meteorite mineral with high power. It is a very precious stone so take well care of it!

Laurel
29-07-2002, 03:42
I'd never heard of moldavite before, and found this webpage that discussed it a bit http://www.rainbowcrystal.com/crystal/gems/moldavite.html

I'd be very interested in a study group on crystals, gem and metal magic. I have no experience at it, and I'm curious if I could use stones such as moldavite to increase my health and energy levels as part of an extensive personal transformation. I have a lot of baggage I need to let go- including about 150 extra lbs. :(

The weight is starting to come off, but I've never successfully gotten rid of it- caught in a cycle of minor weight loss/weight gain for years.

Laurel

the hermit
29-07-2002, 14:46
I would also be interested in a crystals, gem and metal magic study group

zorya
29-07-2002, 14:50
count me in! i really want to know if there is any use for a "desert rose". i feel so sure that there must be.

the hermit
29-07-2002, 15:54
Originally posted by zorya
count me in! i really want to know if there is any use for a "desert rose". i feel so sure that there must be.

If you're referring to Selenite crystals...

selenite rose (http://www.bestcrystals.com/selenite.html)

then here's a little lore about them:
selenite rose, sometimes called desert rose
crystaline gypsum--normally light brown mineral, available from mexico, sahara region.

Can be used for gentle grounding.
Can clarify thinking and mental vision, perception.
Quiets worrying, brings out practicality.
The message from these Selenite clusters is to stop, take time for self, smell the roses, find beauty in the day, and to enjoy every precious moment.
Assists you in that joyous feeling of being connected and reminds you of the divine in everything and everyone.

This is an old journal entry of mine from a seminar about various crystals and minerals and how to use them for healing. The seminar was part of a pagan faire in San Jose back in 1987 given by 'Friar Timothy'... I show no other name for the gentleman in my notes.

zorya
29-07-2002, 16:05
the hermit,
crystaline gypsum, yes! that's it! how perfect. thank you! i couldn't even get anything with google. i knew i had it for a reason, and that it was special. thank you!

catlin
29-07-2002, 18:17
Ok, I'd like to pop in now and then in the gem study group.

Laurel, I'd recommend you rainbow obsidain for letting go prozessus but beware, it is a very powerful stone, a real eye opener. It will make stuff pretty clear to you and will help you to find out the things which have a negative influence in your life and to get rid off them.

the hermit
29-07-2002, 19:50
so what does one do to start a study group here?

starfish66
30-07-2002, 06:07
I'd love to be part of the study group, too.

:T9S Starfish

Jimilyn
30-07-2002, 12:45
I'm in line for the study group, right behind Starfish! :)

Jimilyn

jema
04-08-2002, 04:38
could find no other place to write about the stones i love the most.
so here it goes:

sodalite - it is the stone that helped me overcome my fear of thunderstorms! i have several rather large chunks of it. all trumbled and smooth to touch.

milk quarts - a perfectly milky white snowbal shaped stone that i just love to hold.

jasper - all kinds. i can not leave my stone shop without buying a new jasper.

sunstone - the feltspar kind. sort of like shimmering in orange and yellow and red. kind of flakey and fragile but still strong in energy.

ok, just one more to make it 5

flourite - i have both one purple and one rainbow flourite. they are kind of new age-ish stones but i like them because the very first stone i ever bought was my purple flourite:)

DarkElectric
14-08-2002, 02:49
I love gems and crystals ! Count me in:)

mermaiden
16-08-2002, 01:37
First off, does anyone know of a good stone for recalling past lives? www.luckygemstones.com has one called dumortierite but I've had no luck finding it.

Secondly, what else can smokey quartz be used for besides scrying?

Thanks everyone! :-) BTW, www.luckygemstones.com is a great site for info.

starfish66
16-08-2002, 03:14
Originally posted by mermaiden
What else can smokey quartz be used for besides scrying?

The clearest, most intense ones can powerfully open the 7th Chakra drawing light down to the root chakra. Smoky Quartz is good for inducing deep meditation for channeling, deep relaxation, lovingness. Ancient use also to stimulate meridians, kundalini. Stores information well. Alleviates fear, anxiety, depression. CHAKRAS: Crown. Kundalini.

:TSUN Starfish

starfish66
16-08-2002, 03:17
Originally posted by mermaiden
First off, does anyone know of a good stone for recalling past lives? www.luckygemstones.com has one called dumortierite but I've had no luck finding it.

The Blizzard Stone (which looks alot like Snowflake Obsidian) is the stone you're looking for ;)

Blizzard Stone - Metaphysical Store (https://www.metaphysical-store.com/onlinestore/productselector.htm?Store_Code=OAMCS&Screen=XSRCH&bool=bool_and&name=yes&code=yes&desc=yes&Search=blizzard+stone).

:TSUN Starfish

the hermit
16-08-2002, 03:56
Originally posted by Starfish


The Blizzard Stone (which looks alot like Snowflake Obsidian) is the stone you're looking for ;)

Blizzard Stone - Metaphysical Store (https://www.metaphysical-store.com/onlinestore/productselector.htm?Store_Code=OAMCS&Screen=XSRCH&bool=bool_and&name=yes&code=yes&desc=yes&Search=blizzard+stone).

:TSUN Starfish

This is a black serpentine (sedimentary) rock with white feldspar inclusions that comes from Alaska. I've noticed that when it's called "blizzard stone" it is very expensive. If you can find a rock shop with it, rather than a metaphysic store, it will be cheaper (true of many rocks and minerals). Just look/ask for white feldspar in black serpentine from Alaska... same stone, lower price.

mermaiden
16-08-2002, 05:08
Wow! Thanks a bunch, Starfish and Hermit!!!!! :D:D:D I'm sure it'll be a lot easier to find than that other one I listed! :D

the hermit
18-08-2002, 06:44
Originally posted by mermaiden

Secondly, what else can smokey quartz be used for besides scrying?

Thanks everyone! :-) BTW, www.luckygemstones.com is a great site for info.
Originally posted by Starfish


The clearest, most intense ones can powerfully open the 7th Chakra drawing light down to the root chakra. Smoky Quartz is good for inducing deep meditation for channeling, deep relaxation, lovingness. Ancient use also to stimulate meridians, kundalini. Stores information well. Alleviates fear, anxiety, depression. CHAKRAS: Crown. Kundalini.

:TSUN Starfish
Smokey Quartz is also considered to be a good grounding stone and thus a good “beginners” stone for both crystal scrying and meditation. I use a smoky quartz sphere for meditation when I’m feeling confused or disconcerted. It helps me think “through” issues.

mermaiden
21-08-2002, 03:36
I'd also like to thank you both, Starfish and Hermit, for the VERY, VERY useful information on smokey quartz!

starfish66
21-08-2002, 04:58
This whole thread makes me want to get a smoky quartz orb. Off to go and see if there's one to be had at the website our Hermit provided...

:TFOOL Starfish

the hermit
21-08-2002, 06:34
Originally posted by Starfish
This whole thread makes me want to get a smoky quartz orb. Off to go and see if there's one to be had at the website our Hermit provided...

:TFOOL Starfish
I've said it before, but think it worth repeating...
If you can find a rock shop with a good selection the costs of rocks and crystals and especially spheres can be much, much cheaper. There are lots of them around the US but the problem is often finding them. Phonebooks and web search engines often don't have them in a logical listing. Try rocks, crystals, gems, and lapidary to find them.

blackthorn
11-09-2002, 23:43
Me too me too count me in I love stones they are a big part of my life. I wanna join ...lol (What can i tell you i've been with my 8 yr old daughter and her friends for days!!!)

DarkElectric
12-09-2002, 03:35
I find Smokey Quartz to be very effective when releasing built up nagativity. It just seems to suck it all out and transform it, somhow. I have some really nice smokey quartzes.

Just be aware, that there is a less than scrupulous method for producing it, which involves irradiation of clear quartz. I always make sure that my smokeys are natural, not irradiated. Has anyone else heard of this irradiation thing? Hermit?

rostie
12-09-2002, 23:06
count me in too...i just adore stones, all of them...since i was a little kid, the first one i actually bought was an amethist...i still love 'em...

sara.

Strega
13-09-2002, 00:03
I'd love to participate! :)

the hermit
16-09-2002, 06:40
Originally posted by DarkElectric
I find Smokey Quartz to be very effective when releasing built up nagativity. It just seems to suck it all out and transform it, somhow. I have some really nice smokey quartzes.

Just be aware, that there is a less than scrupulous method for producing it, which involves irradiation of clear quartz. I always make sure that my smokeys are natural, not irradiated. Has anyone else heard of this irradiation thing? Hermit?

I agree with DE about negativity. Smokey Quartz makes a great grounding crystal.

Yes, unfortunately DE is also right about irradiated clear quartz.
This is done more often than many realize.
One way to be sure is that irradiated quartz tends to be consistently dark and not clear where as true smokey quartz is still very transparent and normally has varying shades of dark tones within it.

The irradiated quartz is not harmful... it's just not smokey quartz.

starfish66
16-09-2002, 07:33
Originally posted by the hermit
Yes, unfortunately DE is also right about irradiated clear quartz.
This is done more often than many realize.
One way to be sure is that irradiated quartz tends to be consistently dark and not clear where as true smokey quartz is still very transparent and normally has varying shades of dark tones within it.

The irradiated quartz is not harmful... it's just not smokey quartz.

Thanks to DarkE and Hermit for the heads up! I've got my eye on a gorgeous Smoky Quartz orb... It's on my wishlist for my birthday. I'll have to research if it's truly Smoky Quartz.

:TQW Starfish

DarkElectric
16-09-2002, 07:54
Dear, sweet Starfish!
I'm so glad that my information was helpful! And thanks to the Hermit, for corroborating that! I love smoky quartz a lot, and the spheres made of the genuine article are quite beautiful. I have one. I love it:)