PDA

View Full Version : Link between Tarot and spirits?

Lady Orchard
16-04-2006, 02:10
Feel a little silly asking this, but would welcome what people think.

Can using Tarot increase or manifest spirit activity in the home?

I have often felt a slight presence here - usually imperceptible, but there nonetheless....just that sense of something, shadows where they shouldn't be etc.

But yesterday some physical things happened......harmless, but unexplainable (something kept moving when I was out of the room.)

I am wondering whether using my cards could somehow be causing this....not the actual cards themselves obviously, I know they're only paper, but could doing readings and developing my subconscious and intuition etc invite things in?

I must mention that I never do any kind of grounding or protection or cleansing rituals of any kind, when I feel like doing a reading I just get on with it....is this a problem?

a_shikhs
16-04-2006, 02:23
I think tarot has a hand in this. Tarot helps to develop your intuition and makes you aware of your surroundings. Since ive started reading the cards, i have become more tuned to the spirit world. I can feel spirit presence at times in my room which is very nice and warm. For me, tarot was the link which connected me to the spirit world and helped me meet my spirit guide.. :)

Grizabella
16-04-2006, 08:54
For me, there's been no increase whatsoever in anything that would come even near to spirit activity. I also don't ground and center or anything like that. I don't ever cleanse my cards. (When I tried waving them over incense, that just made them smell unpleasantly of smoke.) They're just ink on card stock that have images that prompt things from my subconscious mind to come to me.

I think if you believe in spirits and try to contact them or believe the cards will bring them, then you may start seeing things happen that you associate with having spirits around. Nothing wrong with that, mind you. I think it's just a personal belief thing. For me, it's never happened, though.

full deck
16-04-2006, 21:22
. . . I think if you believe in spirits and try to contact them or believe the cards will bring them, then you may start seeing things happen that you associate with having spirits around.This does sound a bit like superstition. I occasionally get what I personally describe as "odd vibes", which may be "spirits" but I would not attribute such to the use of Tarot. I attribute these "odd vibes" more to the Tarot itself and not a deceased relative, coming back to borrow a cup of sugar just to freak me out.

Niti
17-04-2006, 12:43
Well I, for one, do believe that there are other presences in the world with us, and whether you want to call them spirits, angels, gods, fae, or whatever...something is there.

While I don't think the fact that you have a set of Tarot Cards in your home neccesarily opens your home to spirits, the fact that you use them often and make an effort to connect to something spiritual could aid in this. I think some people just have an innate sense of the "spiritual world" (for lack of better terms), but anyone can sharpen their perception of it, if they want to, and doing anything that makes you unconciously call for them brings a new sense of awareness.

However, if someone doesn't believe in spirits and other presences, they of course will not call on them, not try to sharpen their senses, and not acknowledge anything unusual for something spiritual, even if it was.

Anyway, because pretty much every other response here was kind of like "no, it's just you being superstitious about some ink and paper", I feel like people are going to think I'm a whacko, but I that's my take on it, and I figured I might as well put in a different opinion.

full deck
17-04-2006, 19:16
I would add that, though I feel that many are prone to superstition and while Tarot is not intended to be a means to invoke spirits, certain types of meditation can make one more sensitive to what one could call spirits, but that is only a possibility and not an inherent part of Tarot.

I would encourage one to keep some skepticism about them when dealing with these issues.

Grizabella
18-04-2006, 00:12
**However, if someone doesn't believe in spirits and other presences, they of course will not call on them, not try to sharpen their senses, and not acknowledge anything unusual for something spiritual, even if it was.**

I believe there are spirits around us and I do have that "innate sense" of them being there. I just don't think tarot brings them or stimulates them into interacting with this world more. I think if you use the cards for that specific purpose, then probably so, but not unless you have that specific intent. I also don't think a person could "unconsciously" call spirits. But I do agree that maybe a person who begins using the cards might then become more aware of the spirits who are always around us just because they're more interested in learning of spiritual things.

Lady Orchard
18-04-2006, 00:35
But I do agree that maybe a person who begins using the cards might then become more aware of the spirits who are always around us just because they're more interested in learning of spiritual things.

Thanks Lyric. That's kind of what I was hoping people would think. Perhaps I have just become more open and sensitive to something that was already there.

Baroli
18-04-2006, 03:09
This has probably been already conveyed in the previous responses, but the cards are a tool that you are using, which are helping you to become more aware. It's you, not so much the cards.

Baroli