My Crystal Wand collection

tarotbear

I finally moved my vitrine table into the new house and put all the wands up for the sun to catch.

As you can see, I have three large single crystals and a few smaller ones. The large wand in the center was made for me - it is a copper tube with a crystal point and hand wrapped in burgundy leather.

There are two wands that are a clear plastic tube filled with stone chips and topped with a small point. One is in chakra colors and one is in green stones for healing.

There is a small clear crystal with dozens of record-keeper triangles on it.

In the upper left corner is a Herkimer Diamond still in it's matrix stone.

There is a flourite egg ... hmmmm ... I wonder where my two crystal balls are?

Attachments

• crystal wands.jpg
    crystal wands.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 161

redflash

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what beautiful pieces ! Wish I had the nerve to start exploring crystals again, but I don't think I ever will. I just see them as objects of beauty now, given to us by the earth.

Granville

Ohhhh! I am jealous. What a nice collection. Please use them well.

catlin

Wow, tarotbear, your collection looks beautiful!!! Very nice arrangement.

floracove

Ohhh!
Those are awesome!
Thanks for sharing with us Tarotbear.

Briar Rose

*~beautiful~*

Lovely. I always wabted to make my own wand. What could I use to make the wand stable? A wooden dowl (spelling?)? I have no idea. I did take many art classes. I have some sterling silver wire. Hey, you are giving me some creative ideas here! I just love it! But how would I hold it all together???? Please share. Thank you Tarotbear.

tarotbear

A dowel? Oh, No - you should walk through the woods and find a branch that feel's 'right' to you, and ask the tree about taking it. If you feel a negative response, thank the tree and continue. If you find a tree with a positive vibe you should repay the tree with some plant food or fertilizer.

Ideally, a wand should be cut as long as your forearm - elbow to tip of longest finger. You should let the branch dry for several months, but if you want it without the bark - remove the bark before you start the drying process. Trim the branch to a 'comfortable' size.

Most people have a crystal they would already like to be their point, so they find a branch somewhat larger (thicker) so they can drill a spot in the tip to epoxy the crystal into. You can wrap the crystal with copper wire to hide the epoxy. Inscribe Runes, symbols, sigils, anything you want on your wand to personalize it. Some people merely tung oil their wand when it is complete. Be sure to create a ritual to charge you wand.

The one in the middle was made specifically for me as a gift. It is a piece of copper tubing with one end capped (get copper tubing and caps at a hardware store - they will even cut it to size.) The crystal was also epoxied into place, then it was beautifully wrapped with suede cord.

The clear ones are commercially made from plastic tubing. They were filled with apporpriate stones and then the end of the tube was melted (I guess with a blowtorch) to hold the crystal in place!

The friend who made the custom wand also made me a ritual knife with a sharp obsidien blade - no pictures shall be taken, sorry. Somewhere on this forum is a picture of my power tool wand with a 12-inch man-grown crystal in the center ... may have to repost that.

Needless to say = no one handles my wands! :smoker:

Edited to add: found the picture of the power tool. - Now THAT'S a wand!

Attachments

• powertool 1a -redux.jpg
    powertool 1a -redux.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 112

floracove

ooooh!
Power tool, awesome!
*drools*

What does one do with a crystal power tool, thats a new one on me.

and, have any of you ever seen a tung oil tree in bloom, they are absolutely beautiful!

Briar Rose

TarotBear

Wow! Thank you so much for your reply. It is really nice of you to take the time and share all of that information with me.

I do have a question though; can I take a branch off the ground?

I love the trees. I have a few books on trees and agree with you that trees hold energy and wisdom.

::smiling:: I am glad to see that someone else like to use tung oil. I stripped down a few pieces of furniture and use tung oil on them instead to putting varnish on them.

I think I saw some copper tubing in the basement. I also love copper. Thank you for the ideas. I have the next two days off and I think I am going to try and make one. I'll have to take a pic and share it with you.

The picture you posted is an awesome wand.

Thank you for your reply. Write back.keep in touch.

tarotbear

Oh, yes - you can take a fallen branch to make a wand - it will possibly already be dried, but I would check it first for rot, insects, etc.

A branch from a tree that was hit by lightening - ZOWIE!

I read once where someone would deliberately grow entwined vines around branches that they intended for wand use ... I still never understood how the dried vines necessarily stayed stuck to the branch ... but that is a cool idea.

What do I do with a power tool? Well, if you take a good look it (sort of) looks like the wand in the Rider Magician card - and the Magician is one of my Life cards. However, I usually use it to send healing energy a long distance ... I have used it in Tarot spellwork. Think of it as an energy generator ... and think about how I got it through airport security to get it home from Florida! :smoker: