Madame Wanda

HarleyQuinnX

Hrm... I should go and check her out... *realizes I'm only 19, and it's a nightclub*

Okay, maybe I'll send my sister to go check her out for me.

It's an interesting article, as Wanda does seem a little showbiz as you put it. But the fact that she's able to make light of it makes the reporter want to check it out. On one hand, I think it's good that she gets people interested, but on the other hand, she's doing this in a nightclub, and most of the people there aren't going to take it seriously at all.

And I have no idea what to make of her story. Running wild with a pack of wolves? Sounds like The Jungle Book to me.

One thing I do like about Wanda, from what I can see, is that she explains that Tarot isn't truly fortune-telling. That nothing is set in stone, and that we define what will happen.

I think the reporter gives a slightly open-minded view of Tarot. She doesn't mock the cards as much as she does the person reading them.

... But, yes. Interesting article. I'm currently away at school so I probably couldn't get there to check it out soon. *sigh*

EDITED TO SAY: And yes, I'm pretty sure that's a wig...

baba-prague

A band of gypsies found her roaming wild with the wolves in Romania? Er, hem, yes, well...

Nice story though! Thanks for the link - good, fun interview.

catlin

I also think she has "enhanced" the story of her life a bit to make it more interesting ;) at least she did it in a funny and entertaining way.

BTW there are indeed cases of children who have lived with wolves ("Victor" was one famous French wolf kid in the 18th century, for more information on the topic of feral children click here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_child ) but having lived with wolves and being picked up by gypsies is a tad too much in the 21st century (at least IMO).

Edited for correcting the century of the "Victor" case plus to insert the wikipedia link.

Lady Mary

Great article! And much better than the average article about Tarot.

memries

I guess she is earning a living at Tarot ! She is making a bit of a sideshow of it but at least she is not portraying it as evil ! If I were in Oregon I would certainly check her out ! Obviously she is using humour as part of her repetoire and is there anything wrong with that ? Also maybe she is a he ! Probably a good act anyway. I can't see any woman being gutsy enough to look like that.

la-luna

Hmmm sounds like an incarnation about every preconception about a tarot-reader.

O and memries I agree I looked at the picture and I think it’s a man in drag (talking as one who knows some dragqueens and transvestites personally)

catlin

After having checked the second link, I am also convinced that Madame Wanda is a male in drags.

Dwaas

catlin said:
but having lived with wolves and being picked up by gypsies is a tad too much in the 21st century (at least IMO).

I think it is brilliant! Help me remember to put that in my new flyer as well. :p ;)

catlin

LOL, Dwaas, you made my day!