Eating and doing readings

FantasyWorld

After just finishing a bowl of ice cream, some cream cheese and crackers,cereal and blueberries;)})
I thought it be a good time to do a reading I need to do since the kids are still sleeping.......but........and this is kinda general to any divination or such so ths may not be the right thread.....

Does food/eating effect our ability to be more/less psychic or intuitive?

Should we eat less or nothing before readings?

Is this all in my mind....or stomach:D?

Alta

I am of a mind that after a heavy meal is not a good time to read. Your body is busy and it tends to divert energy and make you less alert. I think that is just physiology at work.

agedog1

I don't eat meals before the reading, not sure why just never have. During a reading I might have a cup of tea or water and a biscuit.

FantasyWorld

I agree but did the reading anyway....it felt good though so we'll see how the person feels about the reading......

Eco74

Interesting question..

The only thing I can think of now is that after a huge meal (like around christmas or other food-fests where eating is paramount) I'm sometimes not coherent enough to solve crossword-puzzles so food could certainly have some sort of effect.

Though, that's probably more to do with the blood rushing to the stomach and food-processing going on and less activity being had around the brain due to the body being otherwise occupied.
Not having eaten to the point where the stomach rumbles and one feels faint would probably be equally bad.

la-luna

I as a rule never just eat before a reading because the body needs all it's energy and attention to digest a meal energy that can’t go to the brain and our concentration. Also all the sugar that’s liberated into the bloodstream isn’t very positive for concentration relaxation needed tot do a reading.

During I might drink some water,juice or herbal thee but nothing else

catlin

I usually try to eat light when I do several readings in suit. I like to munch an apple or some nuts between the readings or a bit of chocolate.

Besides, a grumbling stomach distracts my attention and I need something to get grounded, especially when I read on fairs and I can't do a proper grounding excercise there.

a_shikhs

I prefer not to eat anything before doing a reading for someone.. I usually have a lot of liquids and maybe a chocolate or something. But nothing heavy at all cause then i feel really sleepy and just want the bed then.. :D

le fey

I think I have far too mundane a philosophy about this - I saw the thread title and I thought it was about keeping crumbs off the cards! (No cheetos with your tarot!)

FantasyWorld

le fey said:
I think I have far too mundane a philosophy about this - I saw the thread title and I thought it was about keeping crumbs off the cards! (No cheetos with your tarot!)

LOL!!!