Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 27 - #57

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 27
Number: 57

Symbol: AN OLD INDIAN WOMAN SELLING BEADS AND TRINKETS.

MCsea

Dr Jones Key Word Detachment

Solar fire body part - Atlas is the topmost (first) cervical vertebra of the spine. It is named for the Atlas of mythology, because it supports the globe of the head.(wikipedia)

Element Turquoise
Discussion Turquoise blue-to-green phosphate mineral. Traditionally used as for gem stones, ornaments, beads and amulets. Loved and prized equally by the Ancient Egyptians Aztecs, Native American Indians, ancient Chinese. This is a protective stone, is a true throat chakra stone, aiding in communication and aids in connecting with spiritual love – or unconditional love. Some say the path to unconditional love is through detachment (Dr Jones’s key word).

I love that the old woman hides her true shaman skills - medicine lady - knowledge behind her beading.. her wisdom and he invisibility may be her greatest strengths. I see her offering advice, real advice in the market place, wise words, few may even seek her out for an oracle reading - what ARE those trinkets she has! a Gypsy woman? What is her reward, is it company, trade, just watching.

tink27

AN OLD INDIAN WOMAN SELLING BEADS AND TRINKETS.

Body Part, Atlas, first cervical

Working three years as a CA for a Chiropractor, I learnt a great deal in regard to Aligning the Spine to the Divine! In regard to C1, here is a website on the different vertebrae and there meaning.

http://www.homestead.com/spineworks/files/SpineChart.html

The C1 Vertebrae connected to this symbol:

Misalignments of the C1 vertebrae can affect
the following structures, organs, or functions:
• Blood supply to the head
• Pituitary gland
• Scalp
• Bones of the face
• Brain
• Inner and middle ear
• Sympathetic Nervous System
Symptoms or conditions associated with the
effected areas are:
• Headaches
• Nervousness
• Insomnia
• Head colds
• High blood pressure
• Migrane headaches
• Nervous breakdowns
• Amnesia
• Chronic tiredness
• Dizziness

This ancient woman greets me with a gentle intelligent power. I sense an unspeakable strength focused intently on the inside which is then poured potently into each trinket and bead she has delicately and skillfully crafted for her tribe and for you and me.

She’s had to go backwards in order to go forwards. She was possibly once in high standing and yet could be an outcast from her tribe. They think her old and weak and a hindrance to the younger and stronger members.

To prove her worth to her tribe and herself, she may have been forced to confront herself, stripped to the bone to release the old way of thinking and either embracing the new or stay clinging to the old. Which will she do?
She had to learn she could achieve anything she had a passion and purpose and a desire for. This old woman was probably already aware of how versatile she is, which can be an asset and yet create problems with making a living and establishing a secure base for herself. It is important for her, even at her age to specialize in something which she has a passion for. If not, she may suffer the pains of being unfulfilled. The feeling of self-fulfillment usually comes through helping and giving to others.

Each bead each trinket this woman creates is linked to her colors and sounds each overlapping and flowing into one another. Urged to teach, learn, heal, and create, her life, her burdens and her choices are personally engraved with a touch of tribal collective memory.

Ultimately, she is learning to let go and at the same time expressing her creativity to the world.

tink

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 325