Conversations with tarot

Pook

I have recently discovered an enlightening new way to read tarot.

I was doing a reading earlier this week trying to find a lost earring that holds especially sentimental meaning for me (my husband gave them to me on our wedding day,) and as i lay out the cards on the table, i was struck by the seeming complexity of the 5 card readiing.

I looked down at the cards and asked out loud, "What does that mean?" And the cards answered!!! As if suddenly animated by my words, the figure on the first card started talking to me. Explaining her meaning in the spread. I kept asking questions until i asked one that she had no answer to and she simply said "I dont know....ask him...." and pointed to the next card.

And thats the way the reading went. All the way to the end. Alas, the reading ended with the 3 of swords. Heartbreak, and the sad conclusion that because I had been all over the city that day, the earring could well be anywhere, and I may never see it again (though that has not stopped my phone calls and searching.)

The point is....I have never thought to verbally ask the cards in this way before. The reading itself was eye-opening and I'm curious if anyone reads this way or has any input.

Moonbow

Sounds as though you were doing a kind of meditation on the 'whole' spread. I think this is a great idea.

I've done this with individual cards while meditating, where I see myself inside the scene and then have a conversation with say...the High Priestess, but I've never tried continuing it through to other cards. I think this is wonderful!

Shame about the earring though, but through losing it perhaps you have found something else valuable. Good luck with the search.

Sophie

Having conversations with my cards is my favourite way of consulting them for myself. Even when reading with others it's possible - a three-way conversation. As Iain Pears put in the mouth of one of his characters, conversation is the highest art that civilisation has brought us. The art of communing (not just "communicating", horrible word), of sharing spirit and words, wit and truth. Tarot gives us a way of holding conversations with the divine.

Yora

Haven't even thought of that at all to !! And they talked back because you asked them ! Hahha ! :p I am going to try this to.

Astrum_Stultas

OH! That sounds fun! I'm definitely going to go upstairs and talk to my cards now...

But if my parents walk in, I'll have some serious explaining to do...it's already weird enough I can read Tarot cards, but TALK to them?! I'll be sent to an asylum...

I just hope my Church doesn't find out. They'll think I'm possessed...well, more so than before the most recent exorcism, that is.

By the way, what deck and cards did you use? Could you give us the whole conversation? I'd love to read it!

~Nicky

lilpeanut

See this is funny as I talk to my cards all the time. I always ask them questions and they answer. Maybe I am just nuts! No, it really is the way I do tarot and it really works. I don't always do this for a full cc spread. But if I am doing a small 3 -5 card I ask a specific question lay the card and then keep going. Or I do a spread and say I want card # so and so to specify a detail. Like who or location or something like this. It seems to work for me almost flawlessly.
Have fun with it.
Lil

Pook

Astrum_Stultas said:
By the way, what deck and cards did you use? Could you give us the whole conversation? I'd love to read it!

~Nicky
I almost always use the Fey tarot. Theyre a lively bunch, and very objective.

And the cards were 2 of Chalices, 9 of Wands, The Wheel (of fortune), Ace of Wands, and the 3 of Swords.
I'm not sure I could repeat the whole conversation, but the reading turned out to be much less complex than I originally thought.

In the 9 of wands, two fey are hiding in a tree, adn I asked them why they were hiding, and one looked me in the eye and said, "U put us here to keep us safe, silly!" Which I did! I took the earrings off and put them in my jeans pocket after I got one caught in a shirt that I was trying on in a department store fitting room.

Then the Wheel shows two fey, one older and one younger sitting around a spiraling block city. I know I asked them what they were doing, and they both replied that they were bored,so they were going around the city looking for something new and interesting........I drove around all day the day I lost the earring with my mother-in-law, shopping, going to the park, playing, just generally having a great first warm spring day of the year.

It was pretty much like that throughout the whole reading. At some point the younger of the two fey in the Wheel, told me to ask the Ace of wands where in the city I had lost my earring cuz, frankly, she was about the whole wheel, not just one part, and I think if I could figure it out, that is the card that would tell me where to look, but I just cant get it.....

And the 3 of Swords is my heartbreak over losing it, and possibly never getting it back. He told me he couldnt help me. He was too depressed to even look. What an A%$, right? (Didnt stop me, Im still calling around and revisiting locations)

Anyway....

Ive tried like 2 or 3 more readings using this interesting new method, and have had amazing results. So give it a shot.

Yora

Astrum_Stultas said:
OH! That sounds fun! I'm definitely going to go upstairs and talk to my cards now...

But if my parents walk in, I'll have some serious explaining to do...it's already weird enough I can read Tarot cards, but TALK to them?! I'll be sent to an asylum...

I just hope my Church doesn't find out. They'll think I'm possessed...well, more so than before the most recent exorcism, that is.

~Nicky

I tried it already! It felt as if they where about to, but no lipmoving and animatedness yet! I am going to try it again at a better time. ;)

Little Baron

What a great thread.

I think I do this subconsciously. But I might do a little more in the way of direct questioning at some point.

I am sorry that you lost your earring, but as Moonbow says, you have also learnt a very interesting new method of reading. Maybe the earring might turn up when you least expect it - when you least expect it.

Just thinking, because of the wheel, dI suppose you checked all around your car - around the steering wheel, etc. Was there any shops that you visited that were very close to a roundabout???

Just a few thoughts. I lost a mobile phone once and did a reading. I couldn't remember where I might have lost it as I had been in a series of bars that evening, socially. I got 'The Tower'. I took that to describe the event. But on reflection, I think it was actually describing the venue where the phone went missing. The bar was on several floors (about four or five) and resembled a tower. Unfortunately, I didn't get the phone back, but I have no doubt in my mind that that was where it went missing. Sometimes the tarot can be that literal so it might be good to ask it a question and get a fresh response.

LB

KaiMoonshadow

Moonbow* said:
Shame about the earring though, but through losing it perhaps you have found something else valuable. Good luck with the search.

Ditto to that...

What a wonderful revelation for you! I will definitely try this method out in my own readings... Thank you for sharing it and I wish you the best of luck :)