Gifts in meditation.

redflash

Well I finally did my first tarot meditation the other day. I'm working through "Tarot for yourself" by MK Greer. So I used the High Priestess ( Tarot Of Dreams ). In the meditation, she gave me a white feather but just smiled when I asked her how I should use it. I meditated on the card again & asked her what the feather was for, she smiled & pressed a silver crescent moon onto my forehead which then vanished. Going further through the book, I had to do another exercise & was once again in that particular card. She gave me a silver bell & when I asked her what it was for she smiled & shook the bell but there was no sound from it. This is the first time time I have done this, how am I to know I wasn't deliberately putting these objects in there myself ? Why isn't there any sound? Am I doing it wrong ?

*hoping I don't sound as clueless as I feel*

catlin

Now this sounds very interesting.

Speaking tarot: how or what relationship do you have with the element of air? Maybe you need a bit more of air in your life (feather, soundless bell)???

redflash

Swords / air are appearing a lot lately, got the 4 of swords as my daily draw a few days ago, I have also just started doing a 3 card spread every day to help me integrate the tarot into my life ( body-mind-spirit ), the king of swords was in the body position today. This could mean a number of things- there is a king of swords type on the outskirts of my life, he has a lot more power over me than I would like. I'm also dithering over what I should be doing with my life - I have been wanting to set my own business up for a long time, also lately I have realised that I would like to train as an alternative therapist, there is a particular therapy I am interested in.

My little boy starts nursery later this year & then I will have more time to pursue these things. All of a sudden I realize that it might not be a pipe dream after all. I have no confidence in myself or my abilities, so I never quite get round to doing anything about it.

I think the air / sword aspect in general is telling me I need to cut the crap out of my life that is holding me back, put some solid business plans down on paper & stop wasting time worrying over whether I can do it or not, & just go for it.

Or I could be wildly off the mark ! But I think that's what its telling me.

full deck

redflash said:
. . . she smiled & shook the bell but there was no sound from it. This is the first time time I have done this, how am I to know I wasn't deliberately putting these objects in there myself? Why isn't there any sound? Am I doing it wrong ?
I appreciate your questions. They demonstrate your awareness and degree of perception and that is a good thing. Indeed, why could you not hear the voice of the bell?

IMHO, you saw the beginning of the real deal.

Regarding "deliberately putting these objects in there myself", I consider such as being a matter of self awareness. Though other more capable people have talked about such matters, I would only mention what one observed once and that is they made a distinction between mere dreams with common psychic content, i.e., anxiety dreams (being naked while taking a math exam using invisible ink, for example) and dreams that were more than dreams, that had an "alien" quality to them and demonstrated facts or notions that lay beyond what the person normally experienced or knew. This one person referred to such as being more like a "vision". This fellow went on to describe how these exceptional episodes always consisted of three parts and always contained information that later came true or information that was later verified, information that he had no knowledge of beforehand.

Take notes, and keep you meditation simple and ask questions. It sounds as if you are working it out.

Also, if you have not, you might read these comments in a recent thread about meditation:

http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=767838&postcount=2
http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=767838&postcount=4
http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=767838&postcount=6

HudsonGray

Direct questioning doesn't work with the High Priestess much, you have to learn it yourself. Next time don't ask her directly, ask something that's more along the learning process, such as maybe "should I focus on the gift or let it lead me where I need to go?" You can't force anything in these meditations, you won't get answers that way. (Be sure to thank her or give a gift in return, something from the heart & mind, even if it's just a shared memory).