PDA

View Full Version : Tingle from tourmaline

Tychorian
25-04-2006, 21:40
Hello folks

I'm wearing a green tourmaline bracelet on my left hand. Thing is,within 1/2 hr I will feel a tingling sensation at my finger tips. This is the 1st time I'm using crystals. Is this normal? What is actually happening?

I feel ok when I switch it to my right hand.

regards
D

catlin
27-04-2006, 02:11
Yes, this may indicate that the stone works for you.

Is the tingling agreeable or do you feel uncomfortable with it?

Tychorian
09-05-2006, 11:58
Been wearing it for weeks now. It the beginning I get uncomfortable tingles on both hands. I was also wearing a green tourmaline (GT) pendant. The pendant makes me feel nervous and edgy and I had to take it off after a few hours of wearing.

I think my GTs have stopped fighting with me. It feels like any other jewellery now. :)

Chronata
09-05-2006, 13:42
Hi Tychorian!

Yeah...how strange...I had the same exact thing that you describe...a tingling sensation that was sort of numbing in my hands...when I wore tourmaline as well!

But for me anyway...it only happened when I wore the raw crystals (not the cut and polished pieces) and only if I wore more than one at a time..

It WAS like they were "fighting" ...or like there was magnetic kind of repelling between the stones or something...

I have a watermelon and a green tourmaline, that I don't keep near each other!

Huh...I thought I was only me!

Tychorian
10-05-2006, 01:43
Hey! Glad to know that someone else had the same expereince. Thought I was hallucinating! I'm an engineer and a natural sceptic (google "apophenia" :)).

Yea 'numbing' is the exact word to describe what I felt at my finger tips. Funny thing is my GT bracelet is rather loose and does not constrict at all!

LadyMedusa
10-05-2006, 04:28
Make that 3...

Green Tourmaline is a problem child for me too. I have a Green Tourmaline pendant that doesn't like Hematite. I can't wear it with either my pentacle necklace that has H beads on it or my H earrings. If I try to wear any combination that includes the GT, my neck and throat get a pins and needles feeling. If I don't remove one or the other of the stones, I end up with a sore throat. It seems to be a stone with ATTITUDE.

LadyMedusa