Tarot readings

a_shikhs

I was just browsing through a site yesterday where it was written that you shouldn't do more than one reading for the same person on the same day. It sounded really weird, but is it true?

firecatpickles

When I sit with a client, I do many readings in one sitting. This is a curious superstition. I can understand why one shouldn't do more than one reading on the same question for the same person on the same day., but more than one spread? Ha!

KK

a_shikhs

kilts_knave said:
When I sit with a client, I do many readings in one sitting. This is a curious superstition. I can understand why one shouldn't do more than one reading on the same question for the same person on the same day., but more than one spread? Ha!

KK

Even i do many readings in one sitting for a client. Yeah even i have heard about not asking the same question again. But this superstition is really weird about not doing more than one spread for the same person. Lol.. :D

michmm

nope never heard about it...
i don't think it makes sense yes, even i have been told that to ask the same question again to the tarot is a no-no, but not this, ever - forget about it!!!
love
mich

Knightward

the only time I have ever heard this was when it was used in referance to people becoming depenant on Tarot to make every day decisions.

Dwaas

a_shikhs said:
I was just browsing through a site yesterday where it was written that you shouldn't do more than one reading for the same person on the same day. It sounded really weird, but is it true?

nonsense. imo :)

catlin

When a querent books me for an one-hour-reading, the querent usually gets up to 6 readings from me in this time.

I guess the quoted "guide line" or thumb rule was written by a person who wanted to make sure not to be overdone by readings :)

a_shikhs

catlin said:
I guess the quoted "guide line" or thumb rule was written by a person who wanted to make sure not to be overdone by readings

Yeah youre right. What a nice way of avoiding too many readings.. ;) :D

Brock Johnson

The whole rule about asking the same question in one day is centered around the fact that tarot will deviate your question and turn it into another question right?

Brock

Niti

About not doing a reading on the same question for the same person in a day:

What if someone asks a very vague question for a reading, and then later on asks the same question in a much more specific manner?

I had this happen to me the other day - a friend of mine wanted me to read for him, and I suspected, but was not certain, of the topic. The only part of his question which he revealed to me was that he wanted to know how something was going to turn out.
The last two cards indicated heartbreak, depression, and loss, and needless to say, he was not very happy about this. He kept going on about how upset that made him, how bad it was, and how it "really hit home", and eventually, begged me to read for him again. When I refused, he said he thought he was too vague and wanted to ask more specifically. I'm not sure whether or not he did, because this time he wouldn't tell me ANY of the question....but the answers the cards gave this time were VERY different. If I thought I knew what it was about the first time, the second reading left me utterly confused.
He seemed satisfied though.

I wasn't sure whether if the cards gave such different answers becuase he changed his question, becuase they wanted to satisfy him, or because it got annoyed with being asked the same thing more than once....