Thoughts/ruminations .... care to join in?

huredriel

Not sure which section this goes in, so mods please move if need be :)

Last night before going to sleep was thinking on various issues ....... and seeing what images came into the minds eye by association. I read intuitively so those little thoughts or quick images that suddenly appear during a reading are vital for me, yet sometimes I am very unsure of how to interpret such images.

Anyways, last night was thinking on the word *trust* ..... and the image, for me, that came to mind was of a dark forest, one that as a kid you would be scared to go into ...... I totally understand the significance and meaning of this on a personal level ........ yet I've not had this image appear yet whilst doing a reading ...... perhaps it will soon ....... I shall certainly take note of it in future ..... waffling on as usual ...... so has anyone else had this happen to them ....... where they're going merrily along their way ........ and suddenly something happens to suddenly change their perceptions or way of interpreting things? What image comes up for you with the word *trust* ...... anyone care to share?

catlin

My first association while reading your posting were the Ents from LotR, funny, isn't it?

Pippin and Merry had to trust Treebeard when they first met him (maybe I have had a bit too much LotR in the last few days, rerun of part II brought back the LotR tarot which I checked again. I sometimes take it out of the "treasure box" and try to make up my mind about it).

huredriel

I don't think that's funny at all Catlin, it's all about associations we have in our mind, and besides you can never get too much of LOTR IMO :D

I was just wondering whether others had similar things happen to them and how it applied to their Tarot readings ...... I probably waffled on so much in the first post, my meaning wasn't clear LOL!!!!

I know what the image meant to me ........ and now, if it comes up whilst doing a reading for a querant will be able to relate that specific to the querant's question/situation.

So has this happened to anyone else and how have they applied it to their readings?

Alissa

I'm not sure if this applies, but it's what I thought of...

In the Vargo Gothic deck, the Sun card is the card of trust to me. It shows a man-angel cradling a woman-angel in his arms as he walks forwards, an eclipse is behind them. The position of her body against his, the way she holds no tension but surrenders all of herself into his embrace... to me, it's the ultimate card of Trust I've yet come across.

I read intuitively so those little thoughts or quick images that suddenly appear during a reading are vital for me, yet sometimes I am very unsure of how to interpret such images.
I'm the same way... and it's a challenge sometimes, ain't it? A few days ago, I had the image of a piece of straw that someone was holding by one end, and running their hand down the length of the straw, going with the grain of the plant, and the sound effect "pffssst!" at the same time... and I said to my Guides, "what the @!#$ does that signify???" The images can be very random... and I agree, they do require trust in yourself and what you're seeing.

linabeet

I think the tarot is the map or portal that leads us to those images and words inside. I think I'm really tuned in when I can listen to them. And when there's no deck to help me get there - that's a really good day.

bladeraven

For me..the image of Trust is really a bridge because you're are putting yourself and vulnerbility at risk...I think just even seeing images of hands being held is a symbol of trust...

huredriel

Alissa ....... I'd never considered trust with the Sun card before ....... but now that you mention it ;) .... in the Old Path there is a couple naked with their hands outstretched to the Sun ........ so I could feel from that image ...... a trust in exposing their vulnerabilities?

Linabeet ..... yes precisely ....... a good day indeed ....... in fact although I'd always generally followed my *gut* instinct, it wasn't until I came to tarot that I started really seeing the images that would appear in my mind :)

Bladey ...... I like that thought ..... putting your hands into someone else's, that would require a great deal of trust for me :D

I'd just never had such a quick realisation before when I saw the wood last night ..... and trust is one of my *shadows* so I'm really hoping that I'm going to be able use this realisation where tarot is concerned.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts :)

huredriel

Anyone else have any thoughts on this subject?

Sophie

I asked the Tarot (Major Tom's TdM) which card it thought best represents trust, and drew III-The Empress. When I looked at the card, I heard a voice - a playful, deep and warm voice - the voice of a mother or an older sister, just saying my name. Joining that voice was that of a man, also saying my name - a lighter voice, rather slow. Those, for me, were the voices of trust. I let them speak to me and smiled and responded in my heart.

If I look at the card, I see a smiling yellow-haired lady, quite muscular-looking as though she might be more at ease chopping wood than holding a sceptre. But she holds her sceptre with ease and delicacy in a tiny hand. The other hand is large, knobbly. She is dressed in a sundress and seems to be posing for a photo before taking off her regalia so she can finish the gardening. Her face is full of intelligence. She also looks like a kind mother, emotionally serene and full of humour. So here trust is shown to be both strong and delicate, practical and visible - as visible as an Empress on a throne. Trust is intelligent - it cannot be given idiotically without evaluation, both analytical and intuitive. Trust supports love and is fed by it. But we don't have to get all heavy with trust either. Trust comes on light wings, the magical ingredient that grows between two people who share laughter...

Yora

Wands 8 in the animal lords tarot deck it has a sparrow (i think) who looks like he has jumped off a cliff with the trust that whatever he has jumped into will be alright. Right now i am in a situation where i just have to have faith and jump! :p As if it is showing me the right way to go about it.