Folded a card!

Niti

Hey there,

I did something incredibely stupid last night, and I'm looking for advice.

One of the decks I recently purchased was the Fey Tarot Deck, and I completely fell in love with it. I had been handling it a lot, in order to sort of "break it in", and it was absolutely wonderful, but then last night, I ended up falling asleep with the cards on my bed.

I've done this before, but I was at a relative's house, and I suppose when I rolled over, the springiness of this particular bed made it possible for the cards to spread out across the bed and get all bent out of shape when I proceeded to roll over them. As a result, upon waking up this morning, I was greeted with a distorted Fey deck. The small bends in the angle of the cards are easy enough to fix, but the Three of Swords was completely folded in half.

I have placed about ten big fat vogue magazines on top of the deck, hoping that the pressure will flatten them all out again, but I'm really worried about the fold. Even if the magazines make it flatten out, not only will it be more delicate than the other cards, but I'm afraid it will mess with my shuffling and splitting, becuase the deck will be inclined to stick together or break apart where there is an abnormality in a card. Additionally, when I am shuffling, I will be able to see the fold, and it will mess with my head - if I know what card it is from looking at the back, I will feel like I'm cheating with my shuffling.

Perhaps I'm making too much of a big deal about it, but do you think this will affect the accuracy and use of this deck? Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, what did you do with the card and/or the rest of the deck?

Thanks a lot.
--Niti

a_shikhs

Well this happened to me last year while reading for my dad's client. She got so hyper and nervous while shuffling, that she literally folded a few cards really horribly. I then tried to iron them with a piece of cloth on top of the cards, and the creases have disappeared. Maybe you can try that. :)

I dont think it should affect your readings.

Niti

kilts_knave said:
Thank you, but I cannot access that page.
Perhaps it is because I am still a newbie, with only 21 posts?
I'll try to take a look again some other time and see if it works.

a_shikhs said:
Well this happened to me last year while reading for my dad's client. She got so hyper and nervous while shuffling, that she literally folded a few cards really horribly. I then tried to iron them with a piece of cloth on top of the cards, and the creases have disappeared. Maybe you can try that.

I dont think it should affect your readings.
Thanks, I'll try this!

lunakasha

Welcome Niti! :D

Another suggestion would be to contact LoScarabeo and ask for a replacement card for the folded one (Three of Swords, how appropriate!).

Here is the website: http://www.loscarabeo.com/

I know that most publishers are very good about sending a replacement card, free of charge. Good luck!

:) Luna

September Pixie

perhaps ... i think 25+ posts are required to gain access to the rest of the forum :) keep posting!

Niti

lunakasha said:
Welcome Niti! :D

Another suggestion would be to contact LoScarabeo and ask for a replacement card for the folded one (Three of Swords, how appropriate!).

Here is the website: http://www.loscarabeo.com/

I know that most publishers are very good about sending a replacement card, free of charge. Good luck!

:) Luna

Thank you so much, Luna!

I will try a_shikhs' method first, and see if that works. If not, I will see if I can either find another card in that thread you posted, or contact Lo Scarabo. I never even considered that.

This is my 25th post, btw, so perhaps I will be able to access that page now :)

Cielo

Ohhh gosh how I hate when that happens!!! :eek:
It happend with my 4 of Swords from the Druid Craft, I dropped it on the floor and accidently rolled over it with my computer chair, leaving a big fat bent mark on it....gah!!!!! Incidently it was very late at night and I had long exceeded my bed time...lol...kinda took it as advice to leave the cards alone already and go to bed...:D

It doesn't affect the readings as such, but I still find it a little annoying to know in advance what card it is without turning it over, since it is now so recognizable...

Good luck restoring! :)