i have two new citrines

and three sodalites

and one fluorite blue

and one Blue calcite

i dont know how to program or change or cleanse these crystals

i just washed all of them with soap and put them in salt water

how long are u suppose to keep them in salt water or under the moon lite

when i hold them i feel nothing I bought them from Mooncavecrystals.com

i was just wondering if somebody has bought a crystals from the site i bought them

and could somebody please recommend me a online site for crystals please

Sherringham

cleansing crystals

Firstly I cleanse my newly acquired ones in moonlight or sunlight for about a week, some crystal fade in sunlight, some dissolve in water and some get damaged in salt, so burying them in soil is a compromise for a short while.

Once cleansed , sleep with them, handle one at time, look at it explore it, see and feel what it tells you. Hold it in your power hand and charge it.

A good book is The Crystal Bible, tells you a lot about crystals, their care and their powers

SilverCloudedWolf

Jascrystal,

I wouldn't worry about the apparent lack of communication between you and the crystals as even if you're not tuned in enough to feel it, they most probably are. Every time you hold them you merge energies/aura and everytime you think about them thoughts pass to them so be positive!

I can't feel much when I hold most of my stones, but I'm working on this. My first crystal was a soulmate clear quartz and within a week of its arrival it had me do what I'd been wanting to do for months, if not years, as I'd been putting it off as too big a job. But in the end it took a day. Even though I had tons of other stuff to do that was more important at the time I was driven so hard that I couldn't have done anything else. But I never felt anything when I held that crystal.

If you're buying online try spending a few minutes each day before they arrive thinking about that site and attracting the right crystal for you from the sellers. This will help that crystal find you.

Please buy a book, it will help you so much!

Silver

Mimers

I just bought the Crystal Bible last night. It is a great basic book to have. It describes the crystals and their properties and also gives you general guidelines on how to care for crystals.

I just recently took my Reiki Master class and we were taught to make a crystal Reiki grid in the class. This has stirred my interest in crystals and their uses. There was one person in the class that uses crystals intensely and shared some amazing stories.

Good luck with your new crystals!

Mimi

FantasyWorld

Hold a crystal in your left (receiving) hand....you may or may not feel anything right away or it may be very subtle.

Pick one and carry it with through out the day and see how it makes you feel.

I don't program mine but if you were to do it you'd hold it, cleansed, and tell it what you want it to be used for based on it's properties.

**Citrine does not need to be cleansed.** also Kyanite and one other....
I don't cleanse mine often and in fact unless you actually use it for a healing session or chakra layout IMO they really don't need to be cleansed or at least not often. The purpose of cleansing is to rid them of negative energies they've picked up or whatever they may have picked up in healing or otherwise.
Some may be damaged in salt water but I'd say no more than overnight or bury them in the ground or moonlight (FULL) overnight. There is sunlight too but it may fade some. I like to wash mine in plain water and let the sun dry them just to refresh them and wash off dust.
You may want to get a book....Mimers mentioned The Crystal Bible which s a great book and there are many other good ones as well:
Crystals and Crystal Healing-Simon Lilly-good for some ideas and basic info
Crystal Wisdom-Dolfyn-good for different types;tabular,inner child,etc and has exercises and property info as well.
Crystal Enlightenment-Katrina Raphaell-her books are somewhat advanced and are still beyond me at this time;) but have great info none the less and the more you work them and go back and read the books, the more it might make sense.
and of course Melody's book is loaded! with various crystals and their properties and talks about elixers and much much more!-ISBN: 0962819034

I choose a stone each day based on what I think I may need that day or based on the color of day from the Witches datebook}) or just one I haven't used or used in awhile. The more you use and work w/them the more you may understand.
I still have MUCH to learn but I hope this helps you on your Crystal journey:love:

midnightmerry

Hello! Another way you can cleanse them is to place the crystals needing to be cleansed on a plate and stand outside holding them in full sunlight. Close your eyes and picture a stream of pure, blinding white light coming down from the sun and blasting all negativty and any unhealthful thing out of your crystals. Hold the image until the crystals are cleansed.

I use my crystals in healing sessions for my husband and have always cleansed them that way. But please keep in mind what others here have mentioned: some crystals fade in direct sunlight and you can't expose them for very long. Amethyst is bad about this and others too.

Also, I can't remember if someone else mentioned this but another good book is "Love Is In The Earth" by Melody. It is probably the granddaddy of crystal books and she has several addendums to the original. The only criticisms I have about this book are that a) the editing was terrible. There are typos/misspellings and the index sucks and b) sometimes she gets "so out there" in her ramblings about how to use the stones that some of what she says makes little sense. You have to read it a couple of times to get to what she is talking about. I believe I read that she channeled much of the info in the book and it sounds like she did sometimes as you are reading along. Still, it is a fantastic reference book on how to use crytals.

midnightmerry

Ah! Just saw that the post above me mentioned Melody's book! So now you have 2 recommendations for it! :)

Bluemanticore

If I might toss in my 2 cents. The one book I consider a must have, the foundation of all my crystal work, is Scott Cunningham's "Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Gem, Crystal and Metal Magic." I find this book to be loaded with tons of helpful, well organized information. It's a must have, in my opinion.

amysquie

Thanks for all the book recommendations I, as well as Jascrystal I'm sure, will look them up!

Blessings,
Amy x

Jascrystal

Need help with Crystals

I cant feel anything like u describe

some told me to get a clear quartz point because it helps the crystals vibe energy i dont know

do u guys have techniques to open up energy locked in gems

can some help please

jm