sun sign, moon sign....

cheekyminx

I was just looking at the Sun sign thread, most people out there do not realise that they also have a Moon sign and a rising sign. Im a typical Gemini (sun) but I have a lot of Scorpio (moon) traits (My rising is Gemini)

Your sun sign is your soul, your inner personality & potential. Your moon sign is your heart, your emotional core and your rising sign is your physical self or the face that you present to the world.

For a free chart go to www.astro.com you'll need to join up first. All you do is click on Portriat. You'll need to know what time you were born, along with the obvious, d.o.b & place of birth.

Enjoy!

Fulgour

The Moon at the minute of your birth can be checked
to see exactly what phase it was in too! Like anytime,
it's easy to figure out based on the Full or New Moons
around the time of your birthday :party: It's neat :thumbsup: too!

cheekyminx

Really? That's pretty cool.

So your saying, if I check this years calendar....the full moon is 2 days after my bday??

Oh thats weird, you joined AT on my bday lol Interesting...

Fulgour

Calendar for ANY YEAR you put into the window
(showing the Moon phases for each month) :)

click:
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/index.html

Say like if you were born in 1976...
the Full Moon that June was the 12th
so if your birthday is the 10th it was
almost Full. 3rd Qtr waxing gibbous.

cheekyminx

Well i was born in 1976. So I was born when it was almost full moon, 3rd Qtr waxing gibbous??? eh? So then, what does this all mean? lol

Fulgour

cheekyminx said:
Well i was born in 1976. So I was born when it was almost full moon, 3rd Qtr waxing gibbous??? eh? So then, what does this all mean? lol
I think it means I'm "psychic" because I guessed 1976 :laugh:

Hawthorne

I find the interplay between Sun/Moon sign very interesting. In my own case I'm Aquarius sun , with a Cancer Moon.Born at Full Moon. I feel that my Moon sign characteristics are much stronger than my Sun sign. I do have many Aquarian traits indeed, but I'm much more connected to that Cancer Moon.

Could be of course, for several reasons:

1)Born at Full Moon
2)Cancer is ruled by the Moon, I believe? (Excuse me if I am wrong, I'm fairly new to astrology)
3)My moon is in my 12th house in my natal chart.

It would be interesting to hear what others think about how their Sun/Moon combination affects their personality.

dadsnook2000

For Hawthorne

You might want to check the Planet Series: Sun & Moon Relationships threads. All of the phases of the Sun & Moon are covered there with their meanings, and many list members have posted their personal expressions of how they live the meanings given. Dave

Fulgour

cheekyminx said:
Im a typical Gemini (sun) but I have a lot of Scorpio (moon) traits (My rising is Gemini)
I'm getting a Sagittarius Moon for you...how am I off?
NSW etc. etc. ~ Let me know and I'll give it a try! :)

clarity

Yes Hawthorne, the moon is the planet that represents Cancer, so with a Cancer moon it would be exalted, meaning an even bigger influence in your chart. You are very sensitive and you tend to initially react to situations with a defensive response.