Tarot Garden Server Going Offline for Move

Jeannette

Once again, I'm not sure where to post this announcement... so into the "Talking Tarot" forum it goes...

I've been informed that the Tarot Garden server is relocating again. As such, we will be offline for a few hours today (1 May 2006). I'm told that the "downtime" will be around 2 - 5 p.m. U.S. Central Daylight Time. Thanks in advance for everyone's patience and understanding.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Jeannette

Server Moved, Database Offline

As of approx. 5:00 p.m. US Central Daylight Time, the Tarot Garden server has been relocated to its new home. At present, static pages on the site should be accessible (depending on how fast your ISP propogates new DNS entries). But the database is currently inaccessible -- I presume due to the need to redirect the IP address for the connection or something. We're working on the problem.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

firemaiden

oh noooooooooo....I hope it all gets resolved without too much bother. :)

Jeannette

The problem has been located, but I've got to change all the .PHP scripts on the site to fix it. The database is back online; the boutique and account system should soon follow. Thanks again for everyone's patience.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

magpie9

My sympathy, Jeanette. It sounds terrible and a lot of work besides. I hope it goes very well for you. BB, Mag

Jeannette

Thanks for the sympathy, but the fix is actually pretty easy. Just a lot of tedious cut-and-paste scriptwork. The boutique is now also back online; I'm working on the account system, which should be up-and-running within the hour.

Hugs,
-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

Jeannette

Whew! Okay, I think I got everything functioning again. I invite anyone experiencing problems with the system to post to this thread or send me an email at jkr@tarotgarden.com.

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden

MarkMcElroy

Congrats on the Move!

Congrats on a successful and fairly smooth move!

While the dust settles, if you need someone to, you know, guard all those lovely Tarot decks for you, I'll volunteer. ;)

I'm trustworthy, ya know.

Mostly. :D

MarkMcElroy

I know it was just a "server move."

But a guy can dream, right?

Jeannette

Oh, Mark... so sorry. We don't currently have an opening in the, um, "deck security" department. But you can always come visit them when you like. Hey -- if Simone can make it here, all the way from Luxemborg, then you can, too! ;)

Thanks for the thought. :cool:

-- Jeannette
The Tarot Garden