Grand sextile or the Star of David

Grigori

I'm looking at a friends chart at the moment, and they have (I think) a grand sextile. The actual sextile's are within Solar-fire's assigned orb on only 4 of the 6 sides, the other 2 being a bit over the 60degrees, but the Star is clear none the less, and all the opposing points are within orb to get opposition aspects assigned)

The problem being that my astrology books pretty much say on the topic "wow, a grand sextile. I rarely see them" and then go on to give me no additional information. :rolleyes:

I've been looking at it in terms of the oppositions, sextiles, and the grand trines, but wonder if there is anything more specific to the grand sextile that I could consider?

My friend also has conjunctions on three of the six points, and a grand T with the third arm aspecting an opposition that is conjunct the asc and desc. So lots of stuff to sink my teeth into.... HELP!! heheh

Any thoughts much appreciated. :)

Zephyros

Just wanted to say that I understand nothing about Astrology, only that in the preview of this post it looks like you wrote that you friend has a grand sex...;)

Grigori

closrapexa said:
Just wanted to say that I understand nothing about Astrology, only that in the preview of this post it looks like you wrote that you friend has a grand sex...;)

hahah Well I'm sure he will be glad to know about his new reputation... That would also make sense of an amusing pair of undies he mentioned recently....

The third link has a good picture of what a grand sextile looks like. Its quite a beautiful chart. I've found a few of them online, most using a few asteroids, or the angles to make the 6 corners. My friends (although a little out of orb, especially on one side) is the only one I have seen so far with planets at each corner (although his ASC, DESC, IC and MC are all conjunct the planets involved also). I think I'll ask him if he minds me posting it...

Grigori

Here we go, his chart.

Attachments

• star.JPG
    star.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 275

isthmus nekoi

hey similia,

In interpreting a grand sextile, I'd look at which elements are activated (earth/water or fire/air). After that, the combos of planets. In your friend's case, Pluto/Jupiter/Mars and then sun/Merc/moon/Uran/Neptune. I don't know if I'd call it a grand sextile but rather, two grand trines as Pluto doesn't sextile moon (unless you reeeeally stretch the orbs). But very close!

I also wouldn't put too much stock in sites that talk about furthering human evolution etc. Roughly 2-3 years ago, we recently had a psuedo grand sextile (I say psuedo b/c if I recall correctly, it involved Chiron). A lot of sites popped up around then regarding raised collective consciousnesses and suchlike. As far as I can see, we're still as ignorant as we've always been :p

star-lover

pmsl at grand sex
any sex woudld be nice rofl.........even if it wasnt grand................
lolololool

Grigori

heheh Thanks Isthmus :) I'll try to avoid making this serious thread more dirty, as I say with a very serious face, that I did realise I was being very generous with his orbs. :neutral: (Closrapexa behave!)

I didn't realise at first that the elements in a Grand Sextile would come in "gender" pairs, but that idea has been very useful. Then adding the planets in those element groups was very good. Thanks for that idea :)

I spent an hour last night chatting about his chart to a mutual friend who is also an astrology beginner, and it was the most illuminating converstion on astrology. Even if he doesn't quite have a grand sextile I've gotten heaps from thinking about it, so yay :D (and I still say he is a Star Child, even if no grand sextile and the human race is still a little ******. ;)

The_Star

aspects....

similia said:
I'm looking at a friends chart at the moment, and they have (I think) a grand sextile. The actual sextile's are within Solar-fire's assigned orb on only 4 of the 6 sides, the other 2 being a bit over the 60degrees, but the Star is clear none the less, and all the opposing points are within orb to get opposition aspects assigned)

The problem being that my astrology books pretty much say on the topic "wow, a grand sextile. I rarely see them" and then go on to give me no additional information. :rolleyes:

I've been looking at it in terms of the oppositions, sextiles, and the grand trines, but wonder if there is anything more specific to the grand sextile that I could consider?

My friend also has conjunctions on three of the six points, and a grand T with the third arm aspecting an opposition that is conjunct the asc and desc. So lots of stuff to sink my teeth into.... HELP!! heheh

Any thoughts much appreciated. :)

Orbs can vary depending upon the planets (incl sun and moon) involved.
So it seems that your friend (also) has two grand trines. A very highly advanced individual with many past lifetimes of accomplishment. There is no downside. forget the grand T, forget oppositions.... the Grand Sextile says it all. Blessing and gift upon blessing and gift. Nothing but good fortune.