Glastonbury ruler?

pumog

Hi all

Does anyone know what sign the town of Glastonbury (Somerset, UK) is ruled by? I've never been totally at home in London (I'm Leo, full details are in the list) and I feel very drawn to Glastonbury, so I'm curious to know its rulership if anyone knows. Many thanks!

Lillie

How do you work out the sign of a town?

Glastonbury has the glastonbury zodiac, and the tor is the sign of Aquarius (very fitting for the whole place these days)
But I don't know which (if any) sign is part of the town itself.

I'd like to live there.
All those interesting shops!
But it is very expensive!

catlin

Glastonbury zodiac??? What's that? Inquiring souls want to know!

Lillie

Oh, actually it's famous.

But it might not really exist!

One day, quite a long time ago, someone was on the tor, looking out, and they had this vision of huge zodiac figures carved out of the landscape by natural fetures, like rivers and hills.

They plotted these shapes on a map, and some are quite convincing. Others not so much.
Some are different pictures to what we would expect. Like Aquarius is a dove. Cancer is a boat.

Also, this is meant to be ancient, but some of the figures, Cancer in particular, cannot be ancient.
Cancer is made up of these water channels left from a draining of swampy land, and would not have existed for more than a few 100 years.

Anyhow, there are other things like this. (There's a name for them, but I can't think what)
One is quite near here, The Pumpsaint zodiac (I think) But the Glastonbury one is best known.

I'm sure there are loads of sites about it.

pumog

Hi all

I don't know how it works but different towns have different rulerships traditionally eg London is Gemini - perhaps Glastonbury is too small. The G "zodiac" I think refers to some person (probably a Theosophist!) in the 20s deciding that various landmarks around the area looked like different signs of the zodiac. Personally I feel that if I really wanted to I could read the sign leo into a coffee spill, but that wouldn't change that coffee is not necessarily good for me ;-) (I'm Leo).

I couldn't buy a house there and possibly wouldn't want to (reality has a way of being v different from fantasy so often), but am beginning to think a little seriously about buying a campervan and learning how to drive (!!) so that I could at least visit more often and get closer to nature. Here's hoping!

catlin

To me Glastonbury has a Pisces quality (must be because of the Vesica Pisces thread we had ages ago???) but also something Taurus.

Thanks for explaining the G. Zodiac for me :)

star-lover

i know countries have star signs and ascendants (uk is aries or capricorn depending which date you use)
i never knew about cities having them
unless you have a date when they were inaugurated officially or some date when they came into being
its anyones guess i guess lol