Collecting certain forms of crystals and gemstones

BodhiSeed

I love rocks and gemstones. Mostly I have tumbled stones, but I also collect hearts, skulls and Zuni fetishes carved from stone. So do any of you rock lovers collect specific shapes or forms too, like hearts, spheres, animals, etc?

Many blessings,
Bodhran

redflash

I don't work with crystals anymore but I still have a few, mainly tumbles & a few rough chunks. I bought a tiny crystal skull which arrived this morning, it's green moss agate. It's the first actual shaped crystal I have bought. Haven't got a clue why I bought it, it's just cute !

September Pixie

I also work with mostly tumbled stones. I don't have a preference for shapes but my husband is buying me the heart shaped gems :) I also have some spheres and skulls.. for healing I use mainly the flat based ones as they lay well on the skin :)

a_shikhs

I love collecting rocks and tumbles. i have this huge amethyst pure rock which is beautiful. I mainly use that for meditation. I have amethyst and rose quartz solid heart tumbles which i adore.I have an amethyst pyramid which is my favourite.:)

midnightmerry

I seem to go for spheres, which is really the least convenient shape to collect, if you think about it, beside eggs. You always have to make sure you have a stand or it will roll off the shelf and break either itself or something else. But I love them nonetheless.

jules

I have quite a few tumbled crystals, but lately I have been trying to get crystals in their natural form :)

catlin

I have tumbled stones, spheres, eggs, hearts, donuts, stones carved into animals (cats of course!!) but no skulls (I don't have come across one here in and I don't like to buy gemstones online because I want to hold the stone in my hands before buying it).

SilverCloudedWolf

Most of my collection are tumblies, but I also have a few raw ones, especially quartz points, and clusters. I don't have anything else but I'd like a quartz sphere and maybe a skull, but I havent seen many around (skulls that is).

Silver

sharpchick

I have a lot of tumbled stones. . . I use them on my altars, in tarot bags and boxes, and I wear and carry them. I see those as my "working" stones.

For collecting, I am partial to eggs, spheres, skulls and obelisks.

diane drizzy

Being new to crystals, I'm finding I liked the tumbled stones better. They're more comfortable to hold!
As to carved shapes, I'll pass on that-sounds silly, but there's something disrespectful about it.
Somehow I don't think I'd want to be holding a carved skull for a healing!!