crystal color changes

diane drizzy

Hi everyone!
I've heard that crystals can change colors on the wearer to help warn, protect or heal. A friend of mine had given a smokey quartz to someone and swears it turned yellow on her.
Can this happen? Has anyone experienced this?

Elven

Yes, from my experience, absolutely. I have a Blue Saphire which when I am feeling on top of the world is the most awesome sky blue, I cant stop looking at the color - but when Im feeling poorly - the saphires are paler and clearer. Sometimes they have a hint of mauve to them. There is definately a change.

Blessings
Elven x

Acadia

Absolutely!

I have Opals who's luster seems to warn me of times ahead, and I have a Mystic Topaz (yes, I know they're enhanced, but they're so beautiful!) that reads me like a book. When I'm sick or tired, it's dull. When I'm happy it's bright and beautiful. I also have a Rutilated Smokey Quartz that is very, very dark, and you can only see the rutilations from the bottom of the crystal, which are easier or harder to see depending on the situation I'm in.

:)

catlin

I remember my fav Garnet ring turned black when I was very ill in 2001. The stone turned to its normal deep red when I was well again.

SuzanneMoon

I have jade that tends to turn a darker green wheni am unwell

Razordance

I had a rose quartz that I was using for emotional healing after a really difficult situation, and the stone went from bright pink to a dull almost grey-pink colour. I think it drew so much negative energy away from me that it dulled the crystal.

rash212

Yes, its true... i wear an amythest braclet almost regularly, and when i bought it, it was a bit light purple in shade and now its dark and has a lovely shade to it... but when i am low.. i see it turning light!!

Wonders of nature:)!!

Briar Rose

I recently got a bag to crystals from a trade I did. When I got them they were lacking luster and they were pale.

I cleansed them in salt, and did a meditation with them. They are shiny and brighter now.

Also, the Kyanite was white when I got it, and now it's back to being blue.

Sometimes I have been known to put them in potting soil with a plant to recharge and bring the colors out.

skygreen

Yes, I have also had this experience of having crystal change color and some have changed back later too. I have a calcite that is sometimes clear and sometimes pink My first asumption was that it was an effect of light but I have come to believe that it changes . crytals or stone that change like this are sometimes called transformation crystals