Increasing your Intuition

geministar

Whats the best way to increase your intuition? Would you say by meditation or by practising using your tarot cards, or something else.

ZenMusic

i think you intuited the answer.. 8^)

no doubt meditation may help the most.. especially with some scrying type Creative Visualizations (used in path-working also)

even easier ... there are brain-wave sync machines and CDs that focus on creativity (like the monroe hemi-sync system) and lucid dreaming (you can see both at http://www.toolsforwellness.com/ ) simply set aside 1/2 or more a day to listen with headphones in a semi-dream state

and doing readings everyday will help tremendously.. and i think taking real time each day to be intimate with your deck... maybe just 1 card a day.. deepening ... i think the more you love your deck.. the more you feel ... visualize.. walk into the card .. explore

and i think music ... deeply experiencing .. maybe combined with eyes closed daydreaming...

however.. overall the best for me was the expansion of the associations with each card (into astrology, elementals, Kabbalah, i-ching)..

what i found is .. that the more possiblities with each card.. it adds layer upon layer to each card and even more then between the cards in a particular spread... that FREES your mind from the rote interpretation from a few keywords etc. to each .. and in that Freedom.. creativity opens up and intuition kicks in ..

in all what helped me the most was
0. meditation / lucid-dreaming
1. a study of the elemental forces .. now i understand that the Tarot is simply 78 snapshots of the underlying forces of life ... (astrological forces are elemental forces .. so knowing these for each card opens it)
2. the study of the hebrew letters and their Kabbalistic associations

your intuition and/or your HGA (angel) will guide you to the method and path that is best for you

Ogrod

“I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely.”

- Albert Einstein

tink27

Developing my intuition

I love meditating on the cards. I'll pick one and visualize myself walking into it, taking in the scenery, smelling the air, feeling the emotion of the card and if there is a person, talking to them. I imagine there are no borders and I walk beyond the frame of the card, looking left and right, allowing visions and revelations to come to me.

tink

Tarotphelia

You might try some third eye exercises . There are a lot of them you can find using a web search. One I like is visualizing a swirling spiral over the third eye, and another exercise is visualizing breathing through it. Be careful and ground yourself before you try it. Stuff like that can tend to be dizzying.

Fulgour

that still quiet voice

geministar said:
Whats the best way to increase your intuition?
Listen to it... this may take practice because
lots of other stuff gets in there, but patience
and discovering what's really intuition does it.

Hawthorne

Having just received an amazingly intuitive and accurate professional reading from a member of this forum, <wave>, I'm doubting if I'll ever have that level of ability. As a novice although it's wonderful to get such a reading, it can be intimidating. It made me realise I'm starting on a long, long path. (Yes, The Fool on his journey).

I dont trust my intuition enough. I listen to it but dont quite trust it.

I think experience is a great help. Listen to it but most of all learn to trust and have faith in it.

You may also find the use of a crystal may help. I use amethyst to help me to develop and trust my intuition. I cleansed it and programmed it and sometimes sleep with it under my pillow. If my dreams become too vivid. I move it away from my pillow and leave it near to my deck.

CreedLover

cool!

tink27 said:
I love meditating on the cards. I'll pick one and visualize myself walking into it, taking in the scenery, smelling the air, feeling the emotion of the card and if there is a person, talking to them. I imagine there are no borders and I walk beyond the frame of the card, looking left and right, allowing visions and revelations to come to me.

tink

That sounds like such a cool experience. I often think about things on the cards that cannot be seen (like what lies behind a hedge arch/row) but have never actually gotten into the card like you explain. I will have to learn to do that. It sounds amazing.

Thanks for sharing it with us!
AJ

RiverDaughter

<mini hijack>

as a new person to tarot - this sounds really fascinating! I'll have to try it and see what I find - maybe it will help me learn the cards as well!

</end hijack>

SunChariot

geministar said:
Whats the best way to increase your intuition? Would you say by meditation or by practising using your tarot cards, or something else.

Both will help, and since I love doing both, I suggest them both. And not JUST reading Tarot, but actively looking for parallels/connections between the cards chosen and the real world. Paying attention to what the universe is trying to show and tell you. I.e if a card comes up with a butterfly and as soon as you put away the deck and go outdoors, there is a butterfly that looks just like the one in the card...Recognizing that as a "sign" and not as a coincidence.

I myself prefer to read intuitively and I was looking through my Tarot books the other day and found a wonderful one for teaching the technique of reading intuitively. I would recommend it highly. To both you and Hawthorne. :grin:

It's called:
"A Magical Course in Tarot: Reading the cards in a whole new way, by Michele Morgan. I find it a wonderful book, very well written. And a very good guide to reading intutuitively and to seeing and understanding the magic in life all around us, which to me is part of intuition.

There is a section near the end on spells and things which may interest some, but I myself have ignored it so far, but otherwise it's a great book about intuition and in fact talks a lot about it. I think you would like it.:grin:

Babs