Wondering....

aquanesha

Okay so this girl asked me to do a reading on her at school. But I like questions so I said that you need a question so we can focus.

Her question, "What can I do to break up so and so?"

I didn't know what to do. I mean, like, can she ask that question?

Need some help.

I forgot to mention that since I didn't know what to do I told her let's try tomorrow. That way I could get advice.

Alta

She can ask it. You don't have to answer it.

ugh, what a mind she has.

poivre

Yes, she can ask this question and it's up to you if you
do the reading or not.

I would not, that's just me.

If she is asking "that" kind of question...
what will she tell people about "your" reading?

Sometimes you just have to say pass.

ros :)

livelife

I think the most important question is, do you really want to use your gift in such a manner?

Personally, I would decline. I could never use this gift in order to purposefuly bring harm (emotional or otherwise) to another. JMHO.

Nat

Sentient

Sometimes opportunities come dressed in strange clothing. This is one of those situations that will call for your judgment of the person asking.

The only reason to ask such a thing is out of hurt and a feeling of powerlessness. If you asked her why she wanted such a thing to happen (for example, the guy used to date her), you could say something like "I never use the Tarot for negative purposes. However, it's clear that [the guy] really hurt you, so perhaps we could ask the Tarot for help in understanding what happened."

Of course it's very possible that she won't open up, in which case you'll just have to decline to read for her. But if there's a chance, you might want to take it.

Getting problematic requests is something all readers have to deal with from time to time. Just remember that you never have to do anything that doesn't feel right, and if at any time you get real negative energy from a querent, just stop, regardless of where you are in a reading. Let your heart guide you.

Good luck.

HudsonGray

I wouldn't do it either, the vengence thing just sits bad. Suggesting she can ask how to best get over him, or to ask a question about her own life is a good way to deflect things. If she insists... well, I'd just say "sorry, I'm not out to hurt anyone. I've thought about it and this is something I'd turn down no matter who asked it."

Grizabella

I wouldn't do the reading at all. I'd leave her to her own devices and just tell her that you prefer to use your gift for good purposes only. It sounds like she either wants to break them up out of purely cruel intentions or because she thinks if she breaks them up, she'll get one of them back that she's been involved with before. Either way, it's very emotionally unhealthy on her part and not something I'd want to be involved with in any way.

ravenest

Sometimes (in my over 30 years of reading expereince) when asked such a question, I just put the cards down, ask a few questions and give direct advice (or a good ticking off); its not tarot, but then again I dont use tarot for everything.

aquanesha

Thank you all so much.
At first, I did feel bad that I didn't want to help her with the question but I see now that it was okay to feel that way.

I'm gonna tell her that she needs to work on herself because then she can realize what the real issue is.

Oh, but out of curiosity (i know it's gonna kill me one day) at home, I did ask the Tarot. The cards did not look good anyway.

I pulled the Tower, 6 of wands, 10 of swords.

Again thanks for validating my feelings.
aquanesha

ravenari

Uck, 10 of swords, not really my favourite card. :$

You could consider asking the tarot questions like:

- what will help my friend during this time?

Or you can even ask questions like:

- what will happen if I do give her a reading? vs.
- what will happen if I decide not to give her a reading?

I wouldn't have necessarily given her a reading, I might have asked her to reconsider the question - because it's a question that will ultimately lead to hurting someone else - or to focus on something within herself that she needs aid on. Thankfully though, the people that ask me for readings aren't asking for this kind of stuff.