Karma - Past Lives

CreedLover

Not sure if there is a specific place to ask this question or not, feel free to move if needed.

How do I find out about past lives and karma (short of going to someone and asking for a reading). Is it a tarot reading, or other method? How is it translated from the tarot cards? Is it recommended to do this type of reading on yourself?

Thanks for your help.
AJ

a_shikhs

Hi CreedLover,
you can use tarot cards to know about your past life. There are loads of lovely past life spreads here which are really good. I have tried a few of the spreads and have found them to be very accurate. I was quite shocked with my past life reading as it resonated very well with me.

You can even try past life regression by going to a good therapist,though ive never tried this. :)

Yora

Ha! Regression sounds quite interesting to do once in my life.
And doing the past life spread for yourself is good too. I think if someone else does it the pro's and cons are that he/she is on the outside and doing it yourself is positive but also a bit tricky sometimes since you are on the inside more. :D I know i am a rambling sleepy fool right now, just a few thoughts that popped up. In shorter words: "It's all good baby!" :p LOL

Guiding Cauldron

if u want a deck...

if u want to use a deck you can use the Phoenix Cards, they are all about finding about your past lives and karmanic influences from those lives and how they regard to your present life. i find them truly amazing!

i'd love to do a regression session with someone someday but i dont know of a reputable practice as yet for that.

good luck with your quest.

Yora

Heh great tip! I didn't even know such a deck was around. :D

And you should definitly be picky about a regression session, i think such things cost a wad of money. ^^; Oof.

CreedLover

Thanks!

Thanks for all the replies, tips and info. I will search out the PL spreads and give it a go, but anticipate trouble with the translation... maybe that will influence the reading? I guess I should meditate on it some more first.

I will look into the suggested deck, but right now I will have to work with what I have until things are more financially stable in my life.

Thanks for the help. HOpefully by the time I get to doing it, I will have earned access to the reading threads so that I can find other posts of similar topics and ask for assistance if needed.

Y'all are so wonderful :D!
Thanks again!
AJ

Alta

Past life discussions, outside of suggested spreads (and there are several in the Spreads Forum, check the idex) would be held in the Spirituality Forum only. That is a subscriber Forum, however if you wish to subscribe at some future time, the link "Upgrade" is at the top of the front page.
Regards,
Marion

CreedLover

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I wish I could subscribe now because there are lots of areas I can't wait to get into, but just can't swing it yet. I will check out the spreads in the meantime.

Thanks for all of your suggestions!!
AJ

SphinYote

Mmmm, I don't know bout the Phoenix cards. In one respect they are good as the book describes the culture represented by the card...fairly well. But as for the personality stuff in the book--if you actually compare across the entirety of the deck, it becomes about as vague as your daily astrology section in any typical newspaper....there's also so much description that no matter what you draw, you're going to find something in that description that applies to you.

That, and the pictures are most generally copies of what I'd call a medium-common category of artworks--not something you'd neccessarily see in an art survey textbook, but you definitely see them from time to time, and that's why some pictures may resonate. You've probably seen them somewhere before, just not often enough to actually recognize them at first sight (is it a sign that I'm online too much when I at first accidentally type "site" rather than "sight"?).