UK phone lines

Sidhe-Ra

I'm hoping to try to get some work doing readings by phone-I need to earn some pennies from home, and this seems a good way to do it. Does anyone have any advice, vis a vis technique and/or companies to avoid?

Ta!

Blessings,

Em x

catlin

Hi Em,
I have no experience with phone line reading, I remember there was a thread long ago with some information how phone lines work but I did not find that one.

There are some links on Sulis' homepage maybe you want to contact her and Sienna offers phone readings on her homepage.

TemperanceAngel

Do you mean via an actual reading line or just your own home phone?

Sidhe-Ra

Hi! I meant working for a reading line, yes :)

Sienna

Hi Sidhe-Ra,

Be careful of most of the big phone line companies!! They pay an absolute pittance and charge their clients a fortune here is one I encountered.....

They charge clients £1.50 minute! Reader gets 25p per min. On a 60p/min (majority) of calls Reader gets 11p.

I do not provide a pay per minute payment option to my clients. I charge a set fee.

I only worked for a premimum rate company for 1 week, it was so awful, I had one client very upset (even before I started the reading), I was so concerned about her after the reading I asked the company for her number so I could ring her to check she was ok, but was told that they didn't keep clients tel nos. They didn't give a monkeys about her.

I am not saying all companies are like that one, but be very careful!!

I will PM you.

Siennax

TemperanceAngel

I worked for one in Australia and it was never busy, as promised and I never got paid.

Beware!!!!

Sidhe-Ra

Thank you everyone, for the advice! I've applied to Psychic Circle- apparently they are the biggy, I know someone who used to do readings for them and even managed to make a living from it! So, I just have to see if they call me...and then I have to pass a test!

Eek!

Blessings,

Em

Tarotwytch

Let us know how you get on, Em. I'm sure lots of us will be interested.

TemperanceAngel

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=37892

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=40180

Sidhe-Ra above I have found some threads about phone lines from last year.
I really wish you all the best.
I spent hours over weeks waiting for calls as you had to be logged on at certain times and then never got paid.

I am not really sure what happened, but when you log in there is a recorded message and the messages started to get really nasty from the people who owned it.

I think other people were giving clients their own personal numbers or so the company thought. The message they left was quite threatening, ie: court etc.

It unnerved me every time I logged on and I realsed that maybe the people weren't who I thought they were.

The readings were fine though.

I suppose when you don't meet people face to face you don't really get the "full" impression of them?

It wasn't until the third time that they sent my contract that I got it. Maybe I should of seen the sign then?

But all said and done, it was an experince I have had :)

catlin

Sienna said:
Be careful of most of the big phone line companies!! They pay an absolute pittance and charge their clients a fortune here is one I encountered.....

I remember some of my querents who had contacted phone lines and ended up with phone bills of more than 300 € and no serious advice at all.

Someone from a German forum had asked me if I were interested in joining the Questico phoneline but I declined. I don't like the way how most of the readers there work.