Herb Teas for Stress?

wizzle

Any suggestions on which herb teas are good for stress? What with my move, I find myself a pile of jitters now and then. A good cup of soothing herb tea would be very welcome at times like those.

Thanks for your help

Elven

Hi wizzle :D Sorry to hear your not feel great ((((((((wizzle)))))))

Camomile is great for stress - and easy to obtain. Its the first one I thought about when I saw the thread. I know theres more - I hope someone has some suggestions. If not maybe ring the local health shop and ask too - they may have a special blend for stress :D

Blessings
Elven x

manda78

Camomile is great- and so is Kava Kava. You can easily find both at any health food store, I used to mix the two, and it worked great!
Manda

Grigori

Regular tea! Just put brandy in it! Lots and lots of brandy :D

I'd say chamomile also, easy to grow yourself and nice a relaxing. Lavender is good and grows like a weed. I like ginger if you have butterflies in your tummy (plus I have ginger cravings sometimes :laugh: ) Hypericum (St John Wort) is good, but may react with some medications.

Otherwise skip the tea and go straight onto brandy. At least until your new herb garden is established. ;)

Princess_Lucy

Heya :D

With stress, I find that the best tea is Vervain. It's specifically for nervous exhaustion and stress brought about by overwork.
Problem is, it tastes gross, so if you mix it with a little peppermint, it will be tasty AND nutritious!

About a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of Vervain and Peppermint, using about 2 teaspoons per cup of boiling water should do the trick.

If all else fails, I'm with Similia - Brandy works a treat :D

xx

Lucy

raeanne

Hi Wizzle,
I would agree with the suggestion of Camomile. I personally would add a bit of fresh Spearmint and a bit of honey. If that isn't your 'cup of tea' then perhaps you would like a peach tea or some other flavor that you particularly like.

Balsamo

Another fan of a calming cup of Camomile Tea - I also like a special Japanese tea with green tea and roasted rice.

ciliegia

Elven said:
Hi wizzle :D Sorry to hear your not feel great ((((((((wizzle)))))))

Camomile is great for stress - and easy to obtain. Its the first one I thought about when I saw the thread. I know theres more - I hope someone has some suggestions. If not maybe ring the local health shop and ask too - they may have a special blend for stress :D

Blessings
Elven x

I love camomile too:)
and I have 3 pots:),I plant many herbs and I drink a cup of herb tea when I feel stress.
it works really well.

I gave some herb teas for my friend and seems it is working well.
I love blended teas.
some rose petal and camomile,rose hips,nettles.

it really make me feel a bliss:)

ciliegia

Balsamo said:
Another fan of a calming cup of Camomile Tea - I also like a special Japanese tea with green tea and roasted rice.

ah 'genmai-cha':love:
I love it.
and I love oriental herb tea too:D

catlin

Another suggestion apart from the previous ones is Orange blossom tea or Valerian. Not everybody's cup of tea but also calming and soothing.