Daily tarot rituals ?

redflash

Do you have a set routine with your tarot ?

I always wake up early so I head downstairs & get started ! I do a 3 card body, mind, spirit spread with Chronata's Minute tarot. I use a pendulum to help me find the cards I need to know about that day. After that comes the Transference healing deck, I also use my pendulum to find my daily card with that. At the end of the day when my little boy & my OH have gone to bed, I get my tarot of dreams out & put the 3 cards that I picked earlier that day from the Minute tarot out in front of me. I meditate on the cards & write my thoughts down in my tarot journal.

My OH thinks I'm mad with my little rituals, when he walks into the lounge at 6 in the morning & sees me meditating with these various bits & pieces in front of me, he just rolls his eyes & heads out to work !

Crowqueen

If I'm in the mood I take a card of the day. Usually I get some kind of court card or Major arcana, so I treat it either as who is going to be important, or how am I going to behave, or who is going to rule today? If I am just going to spend the day in bed (erhem, that should be at home working on my eBay business), I don't bother. If I am feeling political, I use my Avalon deck. If it's just a mundane day, I use my Sharman-Caselli. If it's an intensely emotional day, I use the Morgan-Greer.

e.g. On Monday, the King of Cups presaged a conflict between intuitive and rational, which was resolved by the Queen of Cups (intuitive) yesterday. Today the Hanged Man kept me in suspense while the Hierophant had a good long political discussion with me, and the Six of Cups portrayed my sister's birthday party as being a quiet family affair only spoilt by a broken mug in her birthday present.

Other than that I am still getting used to the fact that the cards never lie, so I haven't got going with any regular ritual.

PS I'm intrigued about your use of the pendulum - do explain! I just normally shuffle and cut the cards.

anonymous_artist

Either before my shower or after I tend to sit next to the window on my bed with the morning sun tumbling in and do a daily 5 card spread.

geministar

Wow Redflash, I like what you do with your readings each day. What exactly is a body, mind, spirit reading? Is it like advice for each? I just usually pull out a card each night for the day ahead and write in my journal. Sometimes I will pull out a few cards though and do a reading. Sometimes just general and sometimes with a question in mind. It is interesting to find out what other people do as their daily rituals.

Annabelle

I confess, I don't have any daily tarot rituals. I don't do "daily draws" and almost never have any time for tarot in the mornings before work.

However, in the evening before I go to bed I almost always spend time with a deck - or two, or three - just looking through them, holding the cards, admiring the art. I find it very calming.

Keldor

After I get up say my prayers (I'm a catholic), wash up, and do my chores I take out my Tarot Deck (Tarot of the New Vision) and do a seven card spread, normally I just what is in store for me today (today though I do a second one since my birthday is next week I asked how have I changed this year) and then at night after I say my evening prayers I do another reading to see what I have learned today. :)

redflash

I can't remember where I first saw the body mind spirit spread.

I shuffle til it feels "right" then split the cards into 3 piles, face down. I hold my pendulum over the first pile & ask if it (the card on top) is my body card for that day. If it's a "no" I ask if it's the mind card etc. I determine all 3 & then put them in order, turn the top card face up & weave them together into that days lesson.

I think I have seen a spread that goes deeper than this which involves then looking at the bottom card on each pile aswell but time is definitely a factor for me so I do the shortened version. When I use the transference healing deck I let my pendulum choose that day's card aswell.

It does sound a bit weird, doesn't it, no wonder my OH thinks I'm odd !

xx

Crowqueen

redflash said:
It does sound a bit weird, doesn't it, no wonder my OH thinks I'm odd !

No, it sounds fascinating! Do you always get a "yes" reading for each card? What would happen if "no" came up for all three cards on one question?

And the leader of the course I was on thought I was odd just because I decided to consult the Tarot during a break in proceedings, so at least you are in good company!

Mind you, he also thought I was odd because I worship Eva Peron as one of the goddesses of the modern era, so there was nothing to shock him when I got the tarot out.

redflash

LOL, so far the pendulum has picked only one card for each, I don't know what I will do if / when it picks more than one ! I have been expecting it to happen, it will sooner or later. xx

Crowqueen

Although...there's a good chance that it knows what it is up to. Pendulums are one of the few psychic tools that are recognised by the scientific "establishment".

I had a jade Chinese Ram (my Ch. ast. symbol) on a length of silk thread that I was going to charge as a pendulum but can't find it :(. Mind you after another successful tarot dowsing this evening I think I will stick to conventional spreads for a while before I begin to experiment.