Live Reading?

Knight of Wands

Hey :)

Right ok, need some advice off you all.

I cannot read face to face. Well, obviously I can, but my readings always go really bad and not accurate and I can't interpret them...

....But when I do readings on here, or write them down or type them up, my readings go sooooooo much better, well obviously I'm still not very good, but they go a lot better.

Ok...I'm talking C**p now LOL :| :|

This can be quite annoying when friends want readings as they usually want them there and live, and then I mess it up, and they think I can't actually read Tarot.

So...Basically, has anyone got any tips on what to do? I'd really like to do it professionly to get some money, but I can't if I'm like this. Unless I type them out...hmmm...Oh this is confusing.

Any helping would be great :D

Confused KoW :confused:

Sulis

Hi KoW,

I know exactly where you're coming from as I have this problem too (it's getting better now actually but I did have the same problem).

What helped me was using a small stuffed animal (a mouse I made at school actually) as the 'querant', his name is Tarot Mouse :)

Try speaking every reading you do to your 'qurerant' before you actually write it out.
Visualise the responses, treat it like a real, live reading.

I've found that this really helped me - I don't do it as much any more but just practicing speaking the reading worked wonders.

Good luck.

Knight of Wands

Thanks Sulis :D

I'll try that :)

Little Baron

I have the same problem a lot of time.

And rather than Tarot Mouse, I used Sid. There is a thread around that recorded my experience, if you search under 'sid'. I found it helped, also.

But maybe, if you're friends are understanding, maybe you can lay the cards out and they can leave you for five minutes to let you absorb them and get a hang on the meanings before you read.

LB

pickled pixie

Yup I suffer from this too actually :( but you have had some great advice that I will definitely be giving a go :D

pp xxx

P.s I see you are also from Kent!...Hello Neighbour :thumbsup:......ooooh just checked your profile...same birthday as me as well!!!! .....maybe we are the same person :eek:....except I am a girl and twice your age!! LOL :rolleyes: but apart from that.......:D

coeur

I can't read for people who spring it up on me. First of all, unless if I'm talking to 'a believer,' I just get stressed over being wrong or sounding like a fool. For example, a friend of mine just recently decided to have me read for a total stranger over the phone without any notice at all. I...just froze up. I was like: OMG! I drew the cards when the querent was on the line with me, but I couldn't interpret them at all. So then I had to have him sent out of the room and I told his fortune to the original guy who called me (who is also a student of tarot).

The Querent was all like: ...you can't tell me my own fortune?!

That was pretty embarassing.

Little Baron

Living in Kent as well at the moment PP. Three neighbours, hehe.

LB

pickled pixie

LittleBuddha said:
Living in Kent as well at the moment PP. Three neighbours, hehe.

LB

oooh really!!! wow thats cool! wonder how many more of us are out there? :D

pp xxx

Little Baron

Might be worth finding out and arranging a tarot getogether in the future. They have them everywhere else, lol.

(Sorry to change the subject of the thread KoW)

LB

Knight of Wands

LOL, no probs LB.

That would be cool...although we should at least pretend to talk about live reading.

Hmm...

Its hard.

LOL.

Now we can't get told off for not being on topic })