PDA

View Full Version : Tea Exchange

Guiding Cauldron
25-05-2006, 18:39
I have noticed how we have some exchanges, and they have been so much fun to get involved in, wether it be tarot decks, goodie boxes in changeing with seasons or holidays, tarot bags etc..

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a TEA EXCHANGE?
I had a brain wave at this early hour and figured i'd ask around to see if it would be a go.

Since I am dirt poor right now this is not an expensive thing!!!!!! lol.
I was thinking we could partner up with secret partner and do an exchange, by mailing a small packet.

It could include anything relateing somehow to TEA.
Some ideas:

- Tea bags or loose tea
- books about tea, tea readings, etc
- cards on tea reading symbols, or along those lines.
- herbal remedies includeing tea somehow.
- bath tea soaks
- maybe make a bag with TEA'ish fabric for a set of cards
- include a pretty tea towel
- maybe a tea strainer, metal, bamboo, shaped or basic infuser.
- a tea mug thats very pretty- u can get loads of one of's at boot sales!

i think u get the idea :) But there is a hitch, we're NOT listing profiles of likes and dislikes this is STRICTLY a surprise thing. You get a person, you get what you think they'll like and you send it off to them. :)

if interested sign up, and i'll partner people up then send you, your persons mailing addy. This is a quick turnaround. After closing, you will have 2 weeks to gather and post.

Well we'll see what happens here :)

Guiding Cauldron
01-06-2006, 21:19
Seems there is no interest in this exchange so its a bust this time! :)

Eco74
01-06-2006, 21:22
How did I miss this?
I've got plenty to do, but a tea-exchange would be so very possible to squeeze in.

If the interest picks up, count me in. :)

catlin
02-06-2006, 20:21
Oh, yes, please, count me in.

Guiding Cauldron
02-06-2006, 21:47
Ok I see the interest forming, so I will wait a week or so and see if any others join in, then we'll see what we can do here to make this work!! :) Yeah I'm so excited :) Tell everyone to sign up for fun!

catlin
02-06-2006, 23:18
But we should inquire about the rules for shipping tea to USA, Canada or Australia (I remember I had bought some wonderful pots of jam for an Australian pen pal and when she paid me a visit in Germany she told me that Australian rules do not allow to bring food from abroad with them in a plane).

Does anyone out there know more about shipping tea to USA, Canada or Australia? I am pretty sure that some ATnetties from over there will also join in this fun.

Guiding Cauldron
10-06-2006, 00:42
i have found that shipping tea is fine to any country. I gues they don't really consider it a food.

Put on the packaging gift when sending though, it helps the person who is recieving it not to have any postal grief.

humm, still not much in interest but lets wait a bit longer I know its FOOTBAL mania currently lol.

Don't forget to spread the word about this xchange.

Eco74
10-06-2006, 02:30
Good to see there are no problems shipping tea.

Ugh.. Football...
Though that does leave the streets fairly empty during the games.
Perfect time for some nice long walks with doggie with little interruption from the world. ;)

issam5
04-11-2006, 03:18
I'd be interested too. This sounds like fun:-)

Chronata
04-11-2006, 07:15
Me me!

I would love to sign up for a tea exchange! What a great idea,Sunshinelvr!

I have been making my own herbal blends lately!

What great fun!

Rowanne
07-11-2006, 22:58
Me too - I would be interested........

Mmmmmmm Tea!

CHANGE PLACES!!!!!!

greenfrog
08-11-2006, 12:31
Me too, if your still doing it and its not too late. :D

ravenest
09-11-2006, 11:23
And me, what do I do?
I just got given a collection of various types.

a_shikhs
09-11-2006, 17:44
This sounds like a lovely idea.. Im in.. :) But this is an old thread. I'll pm sunshineluvr and ask her if this exchange is still on..

Guiding Cauldron
09-11-2006, 20:24
oh its so nice to see you all again!
lol the funny thing is this thread is several months old now, but its nice to see it revived!!

I have been pm'ed to see if this is still on and A_shiks is organizing this now, she is very excited about it as well :)

I'm signing up for the xchange as well and can't wait to see who I partner with!! blessings to all xx

a_shikhs
10-11-2006, 00:01
Thanks a lot sunshineluvr for starting this exchange. :)

Well I just want to say that everyone signing up for this exchange should make sure to send out their packages. This is an exchange where we all are signing up not only to receive goodies but also to send goodies. In the past few exchanges, there were quite a few people who didnt receive any parcel even though they sent out theirs which is truly unfair. I hope it is a fair exchange. :)

As sunshineluvr has already suggested, no likes and dislikes will be posted. You can send anything tea related. :)

Sign up for this exchange will close on the 15th of November. Then I will pair up everybody and send you your person's address.

Chronata
10-11-2006, 06:41
cool! How do we officially sign up?

Do we PM you, Shikhs...or just sign up in this thread?

I am very excited about this idea...I love the idea of "tea related " things! :D

Guiding Cauldron
10-11-2006, 17:38
anybody who would like to sign up can just say sign me up here on this thread :) that way there is one place for everyone to get involved and A_shihks doesnt have to remember who pmed her :)

euripides
10-11-2006, 17:52
what the heck... I'll join in, sounds like fun. Sign me up!

Can I suggest that you perhaps post a 'maximum' spend as I hate it if I get something expensive when I've sent some little handmade thing... I'm on a bit of a budget at the moment.

ooh I had a fun idea for something I can make.... I assume that anyone doing this will genuinely love tea, right?!

Euri

a_shikhs
10-11-2006, 18:45
Do we PM you, Shikhs...or just sign up in this thread?

Everybody can sign uo here in this thread.

Eco74
10-11-2006, 18:54
I don't think anyone who doesn't love tea is likely to sign up so whatever you have in mind Euri, go right ahead. :)

And worry not about the costs.
Handmade brings its own kind of value that really can't be measured in currency.

a_shikhs
10-11-2006, 18:59
I agree with Eco. You can send anything TEA related as all of us here are Tea Lovers.. :love:

Regarding the budget thingy, there is really no limit. You can send how much you can and are comfortable with.. :)

So everyone go ahead and start collecting the tea goodies!!! :D

a_shikhs
10-11-2006, 19:08
People who have signed up for the tea exchange:

sunshineluvr - add recd
Eco74 - add recd
Chronata - add recd
issam5
Rowanne - add recd
greenfrog - add recd
ravenest - add recd
euripides - add recd
Marion - add recd
Horace - add recd
Elnor - add recd
tabbycat - add recd
a_shikhs

Alta
10-11-2006, 22:41
I'll sign up as well, being a serious tea drinker!

Horace
11-11-2006, 01:38
I've never joined anything before, but I'm a tea totaller.:) and I love to give presents. Could I be included? Hh

a_shikhs
11-11-2006, 02:40
Welcome Marion and Horace to the exchange..:D

Elnor
11-11-2006, 03:23
Can I sign up, too? I've only just seen this thread, and I love tea! (having a nice green one as I type this!)

Elnor

a_shikhs
11-11-2006, 03:43
Can I sign up, too? I've only just seen this thread, and I love tea! (having a nice green one as I type this!)

Elnor

Hi Elnor,
Ofcourse you can sign up. Welcome aboard.. :D

tabbycat
11-11-2006, 06:42
Count me in! I love tea - think it's coded into all of the English bits of my genes!

a_shikhs
11-11-2006, 14:45
Hey tabbycat,
welcome to the exchange. Great you signed up.. :D

a_shikhs
13-11-2006, 07:00
Hey could everybody please pm me your full name and address. Thanks. :)

a_shikhs
15-11-2006, 23:37
Ok Sign up is Closed for this exchange..

I will pair up everyone and pm you'll the address.

Just a reminder: The exchange will be in a circle. You will be sending your package to someone and you will receive your package from a different person.

*rushes off to call my sister to pick out the names randomly..* :)

a_shikhs
18-11-2006, 00:08
Rowanne and issam5, could you'll please pm me your address so that I can start pairing up everyone. :) I had sent you'll a pm a few days ago, but I still havent received any reply from you'll.

a_shikhs
20-11-2006, 22:57
Hey everyone,
I have pm'ed you'll the address. So start collecting goodies and post your packages as soon as possible and do keep us updated here. :)

Alta
20-11-2006, 23:05
Thanks! This will be fun. :D :D

Guiding Cauldron
21-11-2006, 17:00
yeah, i got my persons addy now its goody gathering time!! :) My aim is to get everything sorted this week, and post on next monday if thats ok. Blessings everyone xx

a_shikhs
22-11-2006, 04:11
yeah, i got my persons addy now its goody gathering time!!:) My aim is to get everything sorted this week, and post on next monday if thats ok. Blessings everyone xx

That sounds perfect. I too will be posting out my parcel by next week so that it reaches my 'tea person' early. ;)

Elnor
23-11-2006, 08:30
I had to go by the post office today, so sent mine off this afternoon...
Do we inform the person it is intended for, so that they know to be watching for it? Or do we just post to say when we've received our parcel?

Elnor

Rowanne
23-11-2006, 23:02
I almost have everything together for my 'tea person', just a couple of little things to find when I go out shopping tomorrow morning and then I'll be done!

Should be in the post on Monday!

I'm really looking forward to getting my parcel too!!

Love & Blessings

Rowanne xx

Rowanne
24-11-2006, 21:35
My tea packagearrived today, I'm so excited - thank you Martha for the lovely gifts....

I Got........

A lovely box of Canadian Teas (Mmmmmmm - Maple Tea!!)
Chocolates to go with my teas........
A beutiful handmade butterfly card
Some strange but very very interesting Tarot Cards
And a lovely beaded spider (which I will be turning into a Xmas ornament with a little ribbon!)

Thank You!!!!!

a_shikhs
25-11-2006, 04:25
Hi Rowanne,
your parcel sounds lovely. :) That was a quick one. :)

Ive collected all my tea goodies. Just waiting for one extra thing and then Im off to the post office. :D

Guiding Cauldron
26-11-2006, 20:15
that package sounds amazing :) so glad it made it to scotland all right.

i've gathered most of my goodies yesterday, and i'm waiting for one small item, it should be off this week though so no worries :)

happy gathering everyone! xx

Eco74
27-11-2006, 00:27
Sent my package off, finally.
Got a little heavier than anticipated, but hey, when you find stuff that has an air of belonging to the package - it just has to go. :)

I also received one from Elnor.
A lovely ayurvedic tea which smells devine and tasts fantastic. Herbs, spices and a twist of lime.. It also came with a lovely note and some Ylang-Ylang incense.
Love it! :love:

suebee
30-11-2006, 05:46
I make a wonderful lose chi! I wold love to share. Im new here so I dont know if it is allould yet. I think you have to be around longer?

Tea bath bags are also very nice.

greenfrog
30-11-2006, 20:56
Just a quick note, I sent mine yesterday and was told it may take up to 10 days to get to England.
So I don't know if I can say who I sent it to, but to the people from England mine might take a little while, from the other side of the world.

:D

Elnor
01-12-2006, 00:36
I'm glad you like it, Eco- I worried over which one to choose! :)
Pleased it got there so quickly, too.

Enjoy!
Elnor

euripides
01-12-2006, 08:34
Mine is going to take a little while too. I've had the most ridiculous week or so. I might spring for international express if it doesn't cost toooo much more.

Euri

a_shikhs
01-12-2006, 13:55
I sent off my parcel yesterday. It should take a week atleast to reach its required destination. :) I hope it reches safe and sound.

ravenest
03-12-2006, 09:53
Mines gone off in the post .... hop[e it doesnt get busted by customs.
Gonna be a bit late ... I had to send it sea mail (although I was told they often just throw them in the airmail anyway).

Chronata
03-12-2006, 10:13
Unfortunately...my package is gonna be a little late in posting...I just finished it, but I have to wait for both the randomness of my post office ...and to scrape together enough funds to send it!

Like Ravenest...I wonder if mine is going to be busted by customs?

I don't know what the rules are about sending herbs...or loose tea through the mail!

Guiding Cauldron
03-12-2006, 21:36
oh im so sorry i have everything else but 1 item has gone astray!! i've been waiting for it for a week now! :( i will try to post it with or without said item this week. I understand about the post lately as well, they are bringing havack to our town as well - so much fo rxmas cheer and all that! the grumpy ones need a major blessing boost!! lol :) hope others packages get safely to where they r going to.

Guiding Cauldron
06-12-2006, 22:34
ok, my package is FINALLY ready to mail out tommorrow!! It will make its way across the pond so be patient :) Keep an eye out and i truly hope everything is well recieved. blessings xx

tabbycat
07-12-2006, 04:29
My parcel arrived today, mysteriously wrapped in fabric and sealed with wax! When I found my way inside, there was a box of goodies. There was a box of Taj Mahal tea bags and a pretty silky purple bag full of masala tea bags. There were three wooden-framed coasters with little paintings under glass - the Taj Mahal, an elephant and a woman with peacocks. There was a packet of decorated gift envelopes and two lovely golden jingling anklets!
Thank you, Shikhs, for a wonderful parcel!

a_shikhs
07-12-2006, 20:06
Hi tabbycat,
Im so happy you got the parcel safely. And happier that nothing in it broke. ;) I was really scared that the coasters might break. Thus I put loads of bubble wrap on them. :) I hope you enjoy everything and have a great time sipping indian tea. :D

euripides
07-12-2006, 21:40
yes, mine STILL isn't posted. I'm trying to juggle about 50 million things at once right now. You'll notice I haven't been my usual gobby self on the forum.

I did spend half an hour deciding which Australian tea might be palatable (they aren't the greatest, but I figured the novelty value might make up for it) and I'm trying to find time to finish the other things I'm putting in.

might have to email the recipient so they don't think they are forgotten.

Euri

tabbycat
08-12-2006, 04:23
*puts paw up and confesses* Mine isn't posted yet too! I've been collecting interesting teas, but haven't packed it all up yet. I'll do it very soon, I promise!

Chronata
08-12-2006, 05:12
well...no one said we absolutely HAD to get these out so they get there before Christmas..did they?
I mean...I think Tea (and tea related items) are enjoyable ANYTIME! :D

That said...I finally mailed mine. But it has a loooong way to go...and who knows if it will get there this month at all!

(I did upgrade the postage though...so I hope it does! The postage alone cost twice as much as what's inside! Yikes! )

so...if my Secret Tea Gifter hasn't mailed mine yet...no worries...I am patient!
(and I will be gone out of town all next week anyway!):D

greenfrog
10-12-2006, 09:32
I got my package a couple of days ago, but haven't been able to post because my internet isn't doing what its supposed to and even now its very slowwww....

Thanks Eco74 for my package, It did get opened my customs and according to the included letter by them, they did remove something.

But I did get the cane sugar, teas strainer tongs, the teas strainer holder, and the Black Tea with Cloudberry and Apple and Green Tea with Passionfruit and Cornflower.

There both delicious!!

Thanks Again

Hope my package gets enjoyed as much!! and nothing gets taken out...
The package has a few Australian icons (Not very tea related I know, but Yum!) so they should b OK, they probably get sent overseas all the time.

Guiding Cauldron
11-12-2006, 03:56
my T package arrived today, and it was lovely!

i got chamomile T
Aussie style bikkies :) YUM!!
marmite
and alovely T cup aww i love it truly it reminds me of the orient :)

ur thoughtfulness is so appreciated blessings and thank you xx

greenfrog
11-12-2006, 13:27
That was quicker than I thought.
and its Vegemite!! :P

The most Australian think I could think of to go with Tea were Tim Tams or Anzac Biscuits, and I luv both.... but Tim Tams rule!!

Hope they got there OK and weren't melted or anything...

Eco74
11-12-2006, 21:22
*awwwwwwww*
They took out the little jar of marmalade (rhubarb/cinnamon), and the fruit/berry-mix la typical swedish country garden... *mopes* :(
Was the linen-bag still there??

I'm glad most of it got there though, and that you like the teas. :)
Cane sugar is just soooo much tastier in my opinion than refined sugar...

greenfrog
14-12-2006, 19:47
Is that what was missing, I thought it was a Tea, but they didn't specify how many items were removed or what they were.

Yes the bag was there. I forgot to mention it.

I have never had Cane Sugar before, it looks great, and tastes great.

Thanks.

Eco74
14-12-2006, 20:10
Well, technically it was a tea made from a fruit/berry-mix and some leaves from the typical country garden so it was a bit of both I guess.
But most of it reached you, so that's a good thing atleast. *s*

ravenest
16-12-2006, 10:15
I got mine!
Thank you so much Chronata! You put so much into it!

I got:
Tea reading book, tea towl, a tea box (yes I do like it!) it's even hand painted! and has a polished stone set on it (what stone is it?) ... it even has a raven in the painting. Various T's (The flower ball one is great). Natural t bags (to put T in, made out of material - did you carefully make all those little bags?)
a little cute T-house (T caddy) and a card. Even the ribbon around the book had little jewels with stones set in them attached to it.

I GOT SPOILT!

I never get presents like that! I don't even get Xmas presents from anyone (except mother dear who fills a box with food items sox and underpants :laugh: )

It's all in the box and on the shelf above the stove, can't wait for the next visitor that wants a cup of T.

When I opened the box the first thing I saw was a letter from customs. They confiscated the tea with orange peel (T containing seeds, fruit skins and fruit pieces are prohibited their phamphlet said).

Also included (by customs) was a payment form! If I want the T they confiscated I can get it heat sterilized at a cost of $42.50 ... yeah sure!
If I don't want it they will mail it back to sender and this costs for some reason, also $42.50! ... Sure guys, I can see them sitting around the customs office sipping orange pekoe now.

So mine wouldnt have stood a chance if the same laws apply, considering it held the ingredients to start an Australian campfire.

euripides
16-12-2006, 11:39
I'm actually a bit suspect about this 'customs' stuff.... I wonder who monitors it? When you consider the stuff that gets imported into the country.

As you say, I bet they are sitting there enjoying their lovely tea, along with the jars of vegemite.... I tried to send a jar of vegemite once and the postman at the desk said not to, that it wasn't allowed. VEGEMITE for heaven's sakes! Something to do with import duty and fair trade. I said, its a PRESENT, I'm not making millions! ARGH.

Anyhow, I finally got mine posted!

tabbycat
16-12-2006, 23:36
Just reporting that I've *finally* got my tea parcel posted! It should reach its destination before Xmas. I do apologise profusely to my exchange partner, who must have given up hope of getting anything by now! My only excuse is that work has been mad and I've hit major pre-Xmas disorganisation - really, I need another month to get everything done! Sorry!

Horace
17-12-2006, 00:52
Well, I finally got mine off too! It will take 2-3 weeks...I hope they don't confiscate anything. I took out a lot after reading these posts. I should have included a laxative tea, just in case :) Hh

greenfrog
17-12-2006, 10:38
hehe

MIne said I could send it back for 42.50 as well.

I didn't notice the heat sterilization thing though...

Wouldn't that wreak the tea?

And I agree, they probably have the best 'smoko' breaks in the World, the people from customs. The biggest range of tea and bikkies to choose from everyday! hehe :D

Chronata
18-12-2006, 01:11
yay Ravenest!

I am very happy you liked the tea box...the stone on it is bloodstone, I think!

The tea with the orange peel was very very good...but wasn't worth the 42.50...to be sure!
So you aren't really missing out!

(although...come to think of it..there were TWO teas with it...the Plumberry one, and the Mood Swing tea... I hope you got at least one of them!)

And the fortune telling book is a hoot! I personally think it's better just to read tea leaves intuitively...but I like the visual aids they give you!)

Yay! that box got there pretty quickly too! happy happy!

Elnor
22-12-2006, 06:23
I am sitting here enjoying a VERY lovely cup of green tea, thanks to Tabbycat!
It came yesterday... so in plenty of time before Crimbo- no worries.
Fortunately since we are both in the UK there weren't any problems with sticky-fingered customs officials.

I also got some 'Very Very Berry' fruit infusion that looks good enough to eat, some 'Inspiration Tea' made from lemongrass, orange and peppermint, some caffine-free tea sold in aid of the Woodland Trust, (who by coincidence I support by buying their calendars. :thumbsup:) Also some 'Hangover Tea'... which will come in VERY useful during the next week.:cool:

All from Whittard, who make excellent teas...along with a lovely Christmas card and letter; thanks so much, Tabbycat- this is the nicest green tea I think I've ever had!

Brightest and best Yuletide Blessings!
Elnor

Chronata
22-12-2006, 08:55
Am I the only one who hasn't gotten a tea parcel yet?

Not that I am that worried...though today, I mised the post office by 10 minutes! Grumble...

Hmmmm...I am trying to figure out who it might be from (thinking if it was from overseas it might have gotten caught up in customs!)

I see Tabbycat's got to her recipiant...so I can cross her off my suspicion list! :D

that leaves...hmmm.... maybe my Sunny hedge witchy friend? :D

I do hope it arrives...my post office is not the most trustworthy folks.

yaraluna
22-12-2006, 10:58
ok count me in! but..how does it work? waht is the"proceedure"? LOL!

I love tea and have lots of it to share!

yara

a_shikhs
23-12-2006, 01:31
ok count me in! but..how does it work? waht is the"proceedure"? LOL!

I love tea and have lots of it to share!

yara

Hi yara,
well this exchange is already done and over. Im so sorry about that. But I will definately let you know if we do one more tea exchange. :)

a_shikhs
23-12-2006, 01:40
Yoohoo!!! I received my tea package today and it was full of awesome goodies. :D

There were two sachets each of Organic tea, spiced tea, ayurvedic spice tea, and lemon tea. I just tried the spiced tea and it felt heaven. They are really yummy and quite different than our indian tea. :)
1 box of Herbal tea
1 box of Dr Stuart's healthy tea
A lovely smelling Pampering Bath Tea sachet which im dying to use in my bath tub. :D
A beautiful gold vintage tea rose brooch :love:
A beautiful purple velvet cloth with lovely gold borders.

Thank you so much Rowanne for this lovely box of goodies. What a yummy treat. :)

tabbycat
23-12-2006, 03:36
I see Tabbycat's got to her recipient...so I can cross her off my suspicion list!

I like the idea of being on a suspicion list! :) Makes me feel like I should skulk around in the corners!

yaraluna
24-12-2006, 05:35
bummer!
another one i missed.:(

yara

Guiding Cauldron
26-12-2006, 22:30
First of all Mery Christmas and Happy New Year all :)

Second of all, chronata you havent gotten your parcel yet?!!!! :( Yes it's from me, I'm soooo bummed you didnt get it before christmas i mailed it out over two weeks ago now!

There was a really special prezzie too as I waited a long time for it for you because it was so fitting. Now i'm wring my hands together in despair! Please tell me if its still not there, then I can get together another parcel for you if you like. Keeping my fingers crossed still!! Hugs and apologies for its late arrival hun.

Hedgie the Sunshine Witch :)

ravenest
27-12-2006, 11:29
First of all Mery Christmas and Happy New Year all :)

Second of all, chronata you havent gotten your parcel yet?!!!! :( Yes it's from me, I'm soooo bummed you didnt get it before christmas i mailed it out over two weeks ago now!

There was a really special prezzie too as I waited a long time for it for you because it was so fitting. Now i'm wring my hands together in despair! Please tell me if its still not there, then I can get together another parcel for you if you like. Keeping my fingers crossed still!! Hugs and apologies for its late arrival hun.

Hedgie the Sunshine Witch :)

Another customs tea party?

yaraluna
27-12-2006, 15:43
when would the next party exchange be!!!??? :bugeyed:

please le tme know by post or PM pleeeezzzzz!!!!!:D

yara

Chronata
28-12-2006, 06:26
OMG OMG!!!!!!

THANK YOU! Thank you my sweet Sunshiney Witch!!!!!!

I got the parcel yesterday actually...but this is the first chance I have had to post it!!!

It was like Christmas!!! Ok...it actually was Christmas...so... BETTER than Christmas!!!!

My box contained the most beautiful black and white teacup and saucer with a gorgeous red and black rose! And it's really honest to goodness English china! (Royal Albert!) It is a perfect size for tea reading!

and then...some awesome long leaf peach tea! Yummy! I know because I had some this morning...and it is HEAVENLY! (and it made the whole place smell fabulous too!)

a perfect little tea strainer...with it's own little tray was tucked in there as well...

but oh...that's just the beginning! :D

There was also some wonderful BATH teas! Lavender bags for the tub! and lemongrass peppermint bags for soothing tired feet! and camomile bags for soothing tired eyes!!!

she also sent me this darling stretch bracelet of beautiful silver tea charms (pots and cups!)all sparkly with gorgeous silver beads! I love it! And wearing it right now!!!

and then...the COOLEST little tea leaf fortune cards!

I am such a sucker for any fortune telling devices or gadgets or unique little fortune things...
and these are so absolutely perfect for my collection!...
You place the card on top of a steaming cup of tea, and there's a little heat sensitive spot that disappears and reveals your symbol!
on the back of the card , there is a key to all the symbols and meanings...

This morning, I got a telephone, a fork and a volcano...which I guess means I need to make an important decision about an angry phone call! (LOL!)

Thank you again, sunshineluvr!!!! This was really the coolest present I got this year! I was just so overcome by all the thoughtful little goodies you included...and how well they all fit my likes and my personality!!!

Guiding Cauldron
29-12-2006, 01:06
Oh i'm so relieved, and so happy that your happy! lol

I have a secret to tell you though....I did a reading about you to find the perfect goodies for you! Although some of them seemed a lil odd to me but evidentally it worked out for you, even if i didnt understand it all at the time! :)

Oh and i'm sooo glad ur tea cup arrived safe and sound, as soon as I saw its name "masquerade" i knew i had to get it for you my friend. Will you be makeing a TEA deck next for us all? hint-hint!!

And i'm so glad u liked the loose Tea, i know T is a highly personal perspective, but lose T seemed right- now i know why and the flavor seemed to be a perfect fit for your personality too xx

watch out i may ask you for a T leaf reading now!! lol Enjoy my dear, I have learned so much from you and i'm so thrilled your package brought you so much joy and sunshine!

blessings my friend xx

a_shikhs
03-01-2007, 03:48
Im glad that everyone has received their lovely tea goodies. However there are three people who yet havent received their tea parcels - Marion, Horace, and euripides.

Could the people who were assigned to send Marion, Horace and euripides tea parcels please pm me. Thanks. :)

Alta
03-01-2007, 05:57
Well, imagine my surprise when I got my parcel from euripides just this minute! And coming back from a trip to the dentist, too, hehe!

I got a packet of Daintree tea, which is grown right in Queensland. This looks lovely, and while I am sort of finished with caffiene for today, I'll be having a cup tomorrow!! :D :D

She also sent the cutest tea infuser.... shaped like a minature tea pot. ohhh, love it!!! With a nice long chain for fishing it out again, and a little scalloped plate to sit under it and catch the drips afterwards.

AND.... I am not sure but I might had gotten something quite unique here. Lip balm infused with tea. By coincidence another lovely AT member gave me a packet of Red Tea for Christmas and the lip balm is great. It is so cold and dry here now, my lips are constantly trying to turn into dry, cracked messes! Thanks. :D :D

euipides had told me that she had drawn a rune stone at random for me and sent it. And a Rhyolite stone. I must need that! Two other people have spontaneiously sent me that stone! yippee, critical mass.

The rune is thurisaz, or 'thorn', I recognized it right away. Must be one of the few I know without looking them up. It is a rune that is powerful, and could be for good or ill, but is a change catalyst. Speaks to danger coming from the outside, often in response to ones own actions.

euipides, all in all a lovely and very thoughtful parcel, and is very much appreciated by me! :love: :love:

euripides
03-01-2007, 09:02
Lovely, Marion, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I hope the tea is drinkable... never know with Aussie teas and coffees but I figured it had some novelty value!

Mine arrived! I've had no internet access for a couple of days, poped through briefly yesterday but didn't have time to sit and write a proper reply.

Well Horace sent me a huge parcel....I'm so spoiled! Some lovely souvenirs from Horace's home town, a pack of balsam fir-filled mug coasters (haven't tried one out yet, they sound lovely!), little tea books and various teas, muslin tea bags for home-made concoctions, and lovely little dream boxes for the rugrats (they haven't seen them yet, they're visiting the grandparents), and a really lovely timber box to hold it all.

The newspaper wrapping it was a fun idea - so interesting to read all about this other corner of the world, even things like the adverts and local activities are fascinating!

I had a lovely time unwrapping it and discovering all these goodies, so thank you so much, Horace!!!

And thanks A-Shikhs for organizing the tea exchange, it was really fun.

Euri