For the Readers who Read for money and have Clients

Alpha-Omega

Does anyone ever feel Anyoed with a client some times?
The questions they ask sometimes.

I had this 1 client and she is a firend of my firend and she is rellay into Psychics and tarot and Will ask the same question Over and Over cause she wotn take No for an Answer.

With my Online Bizz i have a Plan that 1 of my clients signed up for and its Unlimted readings (i am crazy hahahah) + Weekley outlooks
Yea i am Crazy To offer all that for my low Price hahahaha
well anyway it bugs me some of the questions she may ask. Cause She gets Unlimted she will ask little things.

I understand when it comes to love and someone rellay likes someone people will ask anything. Well why i am complaining I am getting paid hahah

So does anyone get these feelings with there clients?

zhahmi

You offer unlimited readings for one low-price?!? Be careful you don't burn out - there's always potential of someone taking advantage of you, which I guess it seems like what is going on now...

I don't charge any money (because I'm still learning quite a bit), but I once was canvassing around for guineapigs to practice reading on. I had to sit down with my mother and explain to her that I couldn't be pulling cards every night to see if she should make one dinner meal over another.

I don't know what to tell you. It seems like you offered a service (unlimited readings) and now that someone is taking advantage of that (and of you!) it might be difficult to change the terms. Maybe you need to scrap the service you've provided (the unlimited bit, not reading for payment) and offer a refund and then you might be able to control the amount of reading you do for one person?

Another idea would be to instill a waiting period between booking and reading. If your client calls for a reading maybe you should explain to her that you won't have time until x days later and keep at it. Some questions may not be as important anymore?

Good luck!

Zhahmi

Umbrae

Some people need guidance. Some people need help - real help. Some people need a crutch. Some people need to be told 'no'. Some people need things we cannot conceive.

Cut-rate fortune telling does nobody any favors. It encourages seeking guidance for things like ‘which channel should I watch on the tele tonight.’ It encourages frivolity.

The sparrow sings not because he to eat, or because he has something to say – the sparrow sings because it has a song. And he eats, one seed at a time.

Why do you read Tarot (for others)?

I won't even address the burnout issue...:smoker:

catlin

Alpha-Omega said:
I had this 1 client and she is a firend of my firend and she is rellay into Psychics and tarot and Will ask the same question Over and Over cause she wotn take No for an Answer.

That is just the point why I have stopped doing free readings for friends. I may do one when I am in the mood or when I see someone needs another point of view but then it is me to offer it, not the other one taking it or trying to nag me into a free reading.

I suppose you offer the cut-rate readings for attracting more querents but I'd better say "Quality instead of quantity". 2 other pro readers were offering low-budged readings at a local fair some weeks ago. They both sat with sullen faces in front of their caravans and no-one was showing up.

Satori

Umbrae said:
Some people need things we cannot conceive.

Boy is that the truth. That just hangs in the air in front of me here. That is another thread altogether.

Umbrae said:
Cut-rate fortune telling does nobody any favors. It encourages seeking guidance for things like ‘which channel should I watch on the tele tonight.’ It encourages frivolity.

Amen.

Umbrae said:
The sparrow sings not because he to eat, or because he has something to say – the sparrow sings because it has a song. And he eats, one seed at a time.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night...."

Unlimited readings is too much of a good thing.
So I must agree with Umbrae, that there is power in sparsity.

And then again there is the cryptic path for abusers of your system.

Question:
Should I shave my legs tonight?
Answer:
The hair in the drain like a chicken bone in the throat interrupts the flow of the breath.

Question:
Is it more important to go to my Garden Society meeting or take a nap?
Answer:
The bubble gum factory is closed, but the ice cream parlor enjoys many customers.

Question:
Should I plant daisies or roses?
Answer:
Where the dirt is darkest there will be worms.

Alpha-Omega

well i am happy to help her. she is very sweet,.
And she is in louve with someone so of course ur gonna get some questions that may seem dumb or not imoporant.

I charge like 80 but for her its 70 cause she was brought to me by someone i been reading for a long time and wanted to give her deal.

I guess i should tell her to Chill on some qustions so i dont "burn out" like someone said.

Sulis

moderator note

This thread is more suited to the Professional Tarot forum.

Since that forum is for subscribers only, it will be moved in 24 hours.

Sulis - co-moderator - Talking Tarot, Professional Tarot

tieduptinkerbell

Alpha-Omega said:
Does anyone ever feel Anyoed with a client some times?
The questions they ask sometimes.

With my Online Bizz i have a Plan that 1 of my clients signed up for and its Unlimted readings (i am crazy hahahah) + Weekley outlooks
Yea i am Crazy To offer all that for my low Price hahahaha
well anyway it bugs me some of the questions she may ask. Cause She gets Unlimted she will ask little things.

I understand when it comes to love and someone rellay likes someone people will ask anything. Well why i am complaining I am getting paid hahah

So does anyone get these feelings with there clients?

yes...sometimes i am fairly stern with clients that tend towards asking the same question again and again and get aggitated with my answer...
some clients hang up on me when i don't tell them what they want to hear...
some clients get biligerant(sp) when they are sure of their misfortune and you try to explain that you just don't see that...
some clients annoy me just cause they want to control a situation and expect me to back them up.

i treat my clients like a psychologist would...i try to reason and ask them questions to focus them...but one or two times i have had to hang up...

you cannot please everyone all of the time...hard lesson but good to learn...