What Do You Think of These Prices?

Acadia

Hey gang,

I came across a store, and I'm not sure of how their pricing is... If it's good, bad, indifferent, or kind of all over the place. So I'm going to run some prices by you, see what you have to say:

Green Banded Onyx Ball, 19 inch diameter weighing 10 pounds, $60 (w/stand)
Green Banded Onyx Candlestick holders, weighing 1 pound, 4 inches high, 5.5 inches around, set of two, $15
Green Banded Onyx Pyramid, 4 inches high 3 inches wide at the bottom, weighs 1 pound, $12
Green Banded Onyx Ball, 9 1/2 inch diameter weighing 2 pounds, $24 (w/stand)
Selenite Spar, weighing 5 pounds, 14 inches long, 8 inch diameter, $35
Calcite Crystal Point, polished and cut, clear, 3 inches high, 4 inch diameter, high refractivity (lots of rainbows) $15
Banded Amethyst Heart, 5 inch diameter, 2 inches long, $10
Labradorite Ball, 6 inch diameter, high refractivity, $20
Labradorite Ball, 5 inch diameter, very high refractivity, $19
Celestite, crystals still in a "geode matrix," very blue coloring, 1 pound, $25

I don't know as much about Banded Green Onyx as I should, and I just want to know how these prices stack up. The Selenite spar, I have one, but I don't remember how much I paid (same with the Labradorite, actually, which I've never bought "at cost"), so I can't tell if that's a good price, and the Calcite Crystal Point I've never bought either (so I'm clueless as to how that prices out). The Celestite I'm really curious about, as I don't see that often in a crystal matrix, so I have no idea how that stacks up.

Basically, I just want to know if these prices are reasonable, if it's a fair price that you'd consider buying at, or if you think that for the product, it's totally unreasonable. I know I'm asking you to make judgments sight-unseen, so that's fine, I understand that, so just make your best "Ebay guess." ;)

Normally, I'd go to my "hole in the wall" store where I buy most of my gemstones, but they're closed for vacation, so I'm testing out a new guy because I need crystals to buy for a party this weekend. I'm so unsavvy when it comes to buying away from my "home turf," so I want to make sure I'm not getting worked over. :)

Thanks guys!

catlin

Have you checked what the guy charges for shipping?

And are there photos of the products or a guarantee that you get stuff in perfect condition without flakes, nips, chips whatever?

Acadia

Oh, I've seen it all in person... It's physical goods at a store in Concord. No shipping. Everything is in awesome condition, I've checked it over and it passes my "rigorous standards..." :D

catlin

So I'd say: go for it! The prizes sound ok (provided my thumbsrule calculations from inch to cm and US$ to € was ok).

Acadia

I forgot, I do have pictures... I didn't think I did, but now I remember I do... Do you want me to see if I can upload so you have a better idea?

catlin

They look good (very thoughtful to have added a 20 bucks note and a tarot deck for sizing purpose).

I suppose the green onyx comes from Egypt (according to the style of the candle holders and the pyramids; looks similar to the products the Egyptians sell over here).

Acadia

I was told hey were mined in Pakistan, worked elsewhere into the shapes. Could be Egypt, I guess. :)

So you think, for the price, it's good? I'm not getting ripped off?

Sherringham

Hi, I think they are a very good price. The Celestite geode you quoted was really good, I bought a nice cluster of it very recently here in the UK for £10, and I'm very happy with it, but mine seems to be a paler blue??

Acadia

I have pictures of the other stuff, I'm just waiting for it to upload. For some reason, it's taking awhile. If you could take a peak and see what the size of the ones I'm looking at, compared to yours, is? Like bigger, smaller, etc? That's the one I'm most concerned about, price-wise.