I'm starting a new job and I'm scared!

Colby

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new the AT and have just subscribed. I'm starting to think I've bitten off more than I can chew. On Wednesday I am starting a new online psychic tarot reading job and I'm scared.

I'm scared that I'll block my intuition and I'm already feeling it... I'm scared that I'll be sooo bad... I'm scared that I'll freeze.

Last night I feel asleep before 10pm (which is so out of character) and slept until 11am today.

I should add, I've only read for friends and given free readings over the internet via email. My readings have been pretty accurate as well. I've never been paid for my readings and now I'm going to be. I think this is part of me being scared.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to get past this "scared" thing. I've been breathing deeply... believe me!!

Thanks in advance for your pointers :)

MercyMe

Take a deep breath and just DO IT. That first time can be really scary, but once you do it, you'll feel loads better. :)

Crowqueen

Hi Nicole.

I would say that doing online readings is a lot like when I read you - you start off with only general info about the querent, and although you might have increased volume it's not much different to doing it for free. Still waiting for payment for my first eBay reading but expect to get more as my ad moves further up the list. Also I like to do it "out of the house" - nice weather here in England so I'll take it outside in the fresh air (know the HK climate is radically different) or to a coffee-shop or cafe where I might get "noticed" like with my comics! (one cafe commissioned a portrait of their crew because I was always in there drawing over breakfast while I worked at a nearby office).

As for tiredness, find the time of day which suits you most to work in and make the most of it. When I am not out at my part time job I normally get up late and go to bed "so late it's early" - since I run an eBay shop for money (still live with parents :( ok at 24 when I moved back but 27 is pushing it! - been ill for two years though which put a dampener on things but forced me to explore other options to make money than 9-to-5 jobs which I now hate the entire idea of) I find I can work well into the evening without stopping. I knock off about 1am sometimes, last night I was up till 2.30 before I got too drowsy. But I rarely get up before noon if I can possibly avoid it!

Colby

Thank you! :D I am feeling better today and yes, you are both right... I just have to get past the first time and select the hours best for me.

Dwaas

Hi Nicole,
Just do it! Go go go! :) And you will feel so proud after your first paid reading. You will find out that when you start off it is like alway, just a reading, nothing more, nothing less! Just two easy tips: use a deck you are very familiar with, AND promise yourself to buy something special for you from the first money you get. Just a small present which will always remind you of this milestone you passed! Have a great day and I will think of you on wednesday.
Warm blessings, Elisa

satinangel

Hey Colby,

Just breathe ... and listen to your inner voices! Sending you good thoughts! Do what you do best...read the cards...read in-between the cards...you'll be fine!

Hugs,
~SA~

Colby

Thanks Elisa and SatinAngel for the good thoughts :)

Elisa, I love the idea of buying myself a little present :)

Bonnie

On line reading.

Nicole:

You have already received some very good advice here. Off the cuff, I would advise the following:

1. As has already been stated, choose to work hours that are compatible with your highest energy.

2. Work with a deck, or decks, that you feel comfortable with, and that bring you joy.

3. I don't know if you will be reading through e-mail, or directly on-line, but this advice would apply in either case: Ground and center yourself before you go on-line to read. Place a white light around yourself for protection. When you get off line, do something to release the energy that you have picked up while doing your readings.

4. Do not be afraid to tell a client that you will not read for a specific topic, such as health, finances, and legal advice, which need to be addressed by professionals in those fields.

5. Do not be afraid to work with your client on rephrasing a question.

6. Try to develop tools that you can send your client away with - such as affirmations, visualizations, and meditations.

7. Keep a list of national Hot Line numbers at hand to give to clients that you sense need more help than you can give them.

8. Accept that some clients will be combatative - this is where deep breathing, and a strong belief in yourself comes in!

9. If someone asks how accurate you are, simply say that you have had no complaints, and that people have come to you for repeat readings (if indeed they have).

Above all, believe in your gift, and enjoy yourself! :)

Colby

Bonnie said:
3. I don't know if you will be reading through e-mail, or directly on-line, but this advice would apply in either case: Ground and center yourself before you go on-line to read. Place a white light around yourself for protection. When you get off line, do something to release the energy that you have picked up while doing your readings.

4. Do not be afraid to tell a client that you will not read for a specific topic, such as health, finances, and legal advice, which need to be addressed by professionals in those fields.

5. Do not be afraid to work with your client on rephrasing a question.

6. Try to develop tools that you can send your client away with - such as affirmations, visualizations, and meditations.

7. Keep a list of national Hot Line numbers at hand to give to clients that you sense need more help than you can give them.

8. Accept that some clients will be combatative - this is where deep breathing, and a strong belief in yourself comes in!

9. If someone asks how accurate you are, simply say that you have had no complaints, and that people have come to you for repeat readings (if indeed they have).

Above all, believe in your gift, and enjoy yourself! :)

Bonnie, THANK YOU!!!

They are all very good points for me to actually read as it's a confirmation of some of my thinking. Thank You!!