Anyone know about this stone?

delizt

Hi there,

I just got another new (for me) stone...it's called Pharoh's Stone or Healer's stone...it's Pyrite and Balsalt I believe..again, I haven't found it listed anywhere yet, so I thought I'd ask...thanks!

wizzle

I'm tickled by the marketing on stones these days. "Healer's stone"..... hahahaha.

Well, pyrite is generally associated with other minerals. The pieces I have are in a matrix with white quartz, for the most part. Pyrite is VERY protective and grounding. In my experience, only hematite, another iron compound, is more protective.

What with all the info-trash on the web, I personally think it's important to understand the basics of minerals/stones. I have several "field guide" types of books so I can keep things straight.

delizt

I have a number of field guides, too...and I suppose I could look up each mineral on it's own, I was just wondering if anyone has heard or seen this combination under this name before...

it is gorgeous as it's got the pyrite mixed with the black stone and is a highly polished sphere...it feels like it's got "strong earthy energy"

delizt

YES! THAT'S MY STONE!!!!! I buy a lot of my stones ftom them...I was looking for further information or to see if it's been written up in a book or if anyone else knew anything about it because it's the first I have ever seen it!

I also came across teeny tiny stones that look similar but were called "Healer's Stone" and was told the black was "magnetite" so I am wondering if there are two different things or one in the same..

MCsea

HI ALL!

LOVELY STONE!! amazing I bet it FEELS strong and deep..

If you ever question magnetite just take a magnet and test the stone- magnetite will attract as its magnetic,
the image does look like basalt - lovely.

happiness today today today

MARINA

Sherringham

Bodhran, just been drooling over the website you posted, they had such a beautiful citrine at $800+, oh well........

delizt

that website is wonderful and the ladies there nice to deal with, I've got some great stones from them....not from the $800 page however LOL!

skygreen

Pharohs stone

This stone just came up on another list and apparently they are from
Zimbabwe and are also called African Gold, Zimbabwe Prophecy Stone,
African Atlantis Stone, Zimbabweite, pharohs gold. gold pyrite in basalt Pictures I've seen look stunning all black and pyrite gold.
So far as the discussion there goes they figure the name is mostly a marketing tool. Properties for healing work are listed as grounding and physically strenghtening. I "get' that this would help us deal with our difficulties and help us keep a positive attitude in most situations . Find the positive value /wisdom in our experiences. Helps people keep a light spirit while dealing with mundane matters. The Pyrite Basalt stone would most likely be a good prosperity stone or business as both have been related to abundance and stability. I also see it a a revealer of mysteries

catlin

Congrats to your new stone, delizt, it looks stunning.

Nope, I have never heard of a combination of pyrite and basalt as "Healer's stone" but currently there is a tendancy to give "mysterious" names to crystals and stones to make them special or sell better (at a higher price).