Oracle Gé?

Aristede

Hello,

I'm bumping this old thread because I'm curious if anybody here has experience using Oracle Gé? I had a reading done with these cards today, and I was impressed by the accuracy of this oracle. I'm considering buying this deck for myself, and wondered if anyone had any feed back, good or bad, regarding these cards?

If you're not familiar with Oracle Gé, you can find some information, and view slides of the individual cards here: Oracle Gé (The site is in French, but the link points to the translated page).

Thanks!

OrbWeaver

As part of an oracle exchange, I gifted Silverwings94 with this deck. I'd be very interested to hear what she thinks of it.

And ever since then, I've wanted one of my own. So I may just have to go and order one for me.

pippi

I've been on the fence about ordering this deck for a couple months now. I'd love to hear from some who have used it.

Aristede

Well, this oracle has been haunting me for two days, so I decided to go ahead and order it. Once I receive it, and have a chance to play with it a little, I'll post my impressions.

Thanks!

LisaW

Thanks for bumping this thread, Aristede :)
I had never heard of these cards, but after looking at the cards on the link you've given, I immediately loved them!
I have a feeling I'll be adding these cards to my collection in the near future! lol
I shouldn't read these threads, honestly! lol

LisaW

pippi

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the deck after you've been able to work with it some, Aristede! :)

jeniko

I like these cards, they are in my whislist Now!

Aristede

Mini Review

I received my Oracle Gé deck, and it was love at first sight! This deck is beautiful. Unfortunately the online pictures don't do the cards justice at all. The images were done in vibrant colored pencil, and the cards are taller and narrower than I expected. They're made of good quality, plastic-coated card stock, and the deck includes an instruction booklet in French, English and German, outlining the individual card meanings and several different layouts.

If you're familiar with Oracle Belline, the transition to Oracle Gé would be relatively easy since there are many similarities between the two decks. Although the symbolism of the Oracle Gé is unique, the meanings of those symbols will seem very familiar. The Belline is said to have been derived from the Lenormand Oracle, so it is not surprising that there are many similarities to that earlier deck as well. The cards of the Oracle Gé are read together in combinations much like the Lenormand and Belline.

What makes the Oracle Gé truly unique are the four cards corresponding to the four seasons of the year. The cards of the seasons are used to predict timing and duration, and can be read symbolically to denote weather, temperature, etc. Also the Gé features eight character cards to represent the various people in the querent's life. There are the male and female consultant cards (as in the Lenormand), cards to represent a young man and young girl, cards to represent an adult man and adult woman, and finally, two cards to represent an elderly man and elderly woman.

There are 61 cards in total. A few of the cards are designed to be read both upright and reversed with modified meanings, although most of the cards are read upright only.

I have not had a chance yet to practice much with these cards, but after I do, I'll post my impressions of how well they work for me doing actual readings.

silverwings94

What a great read this deck is. I did a reading for my daughter as to if they would be finding out if they got a mortgage on a condo and I got really on the head reading from it. This was done before they found out ysterday that they will be closing on Friday at 11:00am. So if you are on the fence trting to decide to purchase this deck by all means do so. This is now one of my favorite oracle decks.

OrbWeaver said:
As part of an oracle exchange, I gifted Silverwings94 with this deck. I'd be very interested to hear what she thinks of it.

And ever since then, I've wanted one of my own. So I may just have to go and order one for me.