The latest fashions from Tarotland ...

tarotbear

Inspired by Catlin and others showing their tarot finery ~~~

What do you wear when you do your 'professional' readings? Are you basic black? A Miss Cleo wannabe? Show some restraint, or pure abandonment?

Post a picture of your Tarot rainment here!

tarotbear

... and on with the show!

I actually do wear my 'Mr. Wizard' outfit, which I made myself and have reworked through the years. It is your standard wizard outfit - beaded and sequined! I do have a pointy hat, but rarely wear it - like my yarmaulke instead. The collar is 1/2 inch foam rubber and stands up - even after 12 years! Give the public what they want!

For house parties I usually wear my slightly more conservative 'Basic black with too much jewelry.' My Equinox Pin was made by a jewelry company called 'Lunch at the Ritz.' (somewhere someone is thinking - he has an expensive power tool wand and this expensive jewelry ... where does he find these things?). I have yet to have a good picture of me wearing it taken, so I have included a pic of just the Equinox pin.

Attachments

• wizhead1.jpg
    wizhead1.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 337
  • headshot9.jpg
    headshot9.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Equinox Pin.jpg
    Equinox Pin.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 314

memries

Tarotbear... I was always just a bit in love with Liberace although I was not his type ! I think you are a delightful person and your equinox pin tells me so ! Truly fantastique !!!!!!! The costume is pretty good too..mem

catlin

Cool outfit, TB, I still envy you the Equinox pin ;)

Oh, I have to admit that my outfit has become lots more flashy within the years. You should see my Zuni necklace (I am sure it weights 3 pounds) or the double dice necklace or the Bone Kali Mala (109 small carved skulls) or... yes, the public wants it ;)

There was even one lady a bit disappointed when she saw me in a public tarot lecture in business suit (ok, I had enhanced it with flashy jewelry) instead of pointy hat and cape :p

catlin

Currently I am wearing a red and black business outfit with a 5-strands collorines necklace and 5 rings on my fingers and a black-and-red dice bracelet (def. not Coco Chanel like).

Elven

:p (pic below) Im sure he was a reader in a past life! I hope he comes back as one :D
for mem ... :D

and TB I love your Equinox pin!!!

...now if someone could just put some Tarot Cards in his hands ... :p

Attachments

• LOTrings.jpeg
    LOTrings.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 321

agedog1

Nothing to fancy. Mostly a nice pair or slacks and top or a business suit. For parties I have several outfits. Will take picture of the outfits and post later.

And the LATEST, oh heck I let a friend talk me into doing a couple of those swapmeet things (yuck, gag, disgusting). Fortunately, for the first one I am going to observe my friend and give her pointers, will do a freebie small class on yes or no answers (using normal card deck - I'v got like 100 decks (regular cards) I need to get rid of so I'll give those away - should draw a crowd!) to help her promote herself. WHY OH WHY DO I AGREE TO THESE THINGS!!!!

memries

The above has decided me ! I am going to get together a costume.
My friend in Ottawa has done some readings, quite successfully and if she can do it I can try ! So I am going to put out the idea that I and another friend I have who is psychic (really) although a business woman will come down and we will put on a psychic night. We will put on an evening that is inexpensive but lots of fun. Flashy maybe with a theme that fits. Decorated, the whole ball of wax. All because I would like to have a neat costume !!!! LOL

Mystica

What a fun thread, I wish I had pictures from some of the parties I've done.
I usually go for a flashy, but sort of gypsy type style. It seems to be what people expect and enjoy. And for me it's a wonderful chance to wear all that fun stuff that I love so much. The long flowing things, embellished with sequins or beads. Lot's of jewelry, kohl eyeliner, you get the idea. Some might feel it's too over the top or too much the stereotype "fortune teller" look, but it works for me. I enjoy it and it feels right for the parties that I work.
Tarotbear, I love the Equinox pin!

Major Tom

I wouldn't necessarily call this a costume, but I reckon some might. ;)

Attachments

• aframeatcrown.jpg
    aframeatcrown.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 325