Sabian Symbols Study Group: Gemini 26 - #86

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: GEMINI
Degree: 26
Number: 86

Symbol: WINTER FROSTS IN THE WOODS.

Simone

That gives off a lonely vibe - hibernation, silence, and this particular atmosphere of wodds in the winter.

It is the time of resting, of no activity and no growth, even of freezing, very anti-life. Living and being active at that time of the year is difficult and requires a lot of precautions and preparation.

Simply the act of going out for a walk requires thinking of appropriate shos and clothes, and the ability to have a hot chocolate or coffee upon returning, not to talk of heating and an opportunity to warm up again!

We're not talking about the winter wonderland here, not of snow, but of harsh frost. Before the frost reaches the insides of a wood, it has to be really cold, because the core of a wood usually is still somewhat protected from the worst frosts.

But frost also has its beauty. Frosted ivy leaves for example have this beauty where suddenly you get awayre of every vein in that leaf, of its outline enhanced by the water crystals accumulating. Trees covered in glazed frost have a specific charm.

It's inhospitable, but for the courageous hearts venturing in anyway it will offer many rewards.

The symbol I think speaks of going places where you normally wouldn't go because you wouldn't think they are worth it.

Try it, you'll see ;)

MCsea

Dr Jones - Key Word Splendor
Healing Body Point Wrist bone
Element Ice Crystals

To some one who did not SEE snow till they were 18 SPLENDOR does not sum it up! I was AWE STRUCK, speachless - amazed!!

I have to share this little ditty, I flew into Toronto from an Australian Summer it was 35 degrees C when I left Sydney.... we were landing, coming into Toronto, and I looked out of the window and there was all this - WHITE stuff on the ground and in a loudish Aussie voice said wow - why is there all that sand around the airport? the cabin erupted in laughter - a mostly canadian crowd sung back ITS SNOW I was not only embarassed but IMPRESSED! WOW!!

Ice crystals - so perfect - fragile... again it is a season if you are looking for timing in an oracle reading.. but this symbol for me is really about the impermanence of all things - that this too will change.. (unless you are the poles where I suppose its freezing all the time!)

Snow - white... purity just the ONE thought very Zen...

however I DO know what its like to have a bit of cabin fever at the end of a LONG winter too - thats not so much fun!

But I feel this symbol is a snapshot of that pristine beauty that captures our romantic hearts..

MARINA

Simone

Ah, Marina, but frost is not snow... ;)

Frost can have its own glittery beauty, especially if the sun shines over a frosted landscape - like little diamonds reflecting the light - COLD. Usually it's colder with frost than with snow.

I'll attach some winter pictures (need to resize first, though) of a winter tree (no frost, but it was cold enough for sure), a frosted-over leaf and of a snowy day so you can feel the differences in cold.

Be right back....

Simone

back, here we go :D

went through my winter pics and found some more than initially promised!

Have a look...

Attachments

• frosted leaf.JPG
    frosted leaf.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 259
  • frosted tree.JPG
    frosted tree.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 257
  • frozen cobweb frost.JPG
    frozen cobweb frost.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 265
  • snowy tree.JPG
    snowy tree.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 259
  • winter tree.JPG
    winter tree.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 265

tink27

Gosh Simone those pictures are absolutely breathtaking.

I love to go for a walk when frost first hits in late October here. It is a sign that the Fall season is upon us crystallizing all the gifts we had perceived and received during the spring and summer months. And what a collection it is…new friends, new ideas, new thoughts all captured within these diamond like structures! Each so unique and different, clustered together creating, manifesting, producing, reaching its full potential.

But the frosty crystals can also make us realize the risks we were afraid to take….a reminder of missed opportunities that are alive and well but for the moment, for a time, numbed by the cold.

tink

MCsea

SOO BEAUTIFUL!
thank you for the pics, it makes me think that frost is ALIVE - growing and then fading.. so many colours!

Thank you Simone

So not SNOW WHITE - but clear and bright!

MARINA

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 277