Too Many Readings?

Scyon

Mostly because there wasn't much I was doing today I decided to jump into my deck again but I wondered if, eventually, readings will get less accurate because of the more energy your using? just a random thought!

BTW: from my last thread post thanks for the help I'm not having any issues anymore ^-^

Crowqueen

Not sure, but you may feel tired or drained by it, particularly if you put a lot of yourself into the reading rather than just going by the Little White Book.

A good way to release some of the energy is to meditate, or at least to drink some water between readings.

tarotbear

Can one do too many readings in one sitting?

Probably.

I have done multiple readings at a party - up to 12 in a single night. (I have never done 12 for myself!) Towards the end I see the same cards popping up over and over again, and have attributed it to some people not shuffling the cards enough and having someone else's reading 'still coming through.' To remedy this, between each reading I usually take the deck and turn the cards upright, then shuffle myself two or three times while I am talking to the next Querent - before I have them shuffle. I also rap the long edge of the deck against the table top to 'clear' the cards.

As far as expending the energy - yes - to do 12 readings in a single evening can suck the energy out of you, even if you are perfectly grounded and drank a gallon of pure spring water! We all use energy differently and once you discover that 8 readings should be your limit, then learn to set the limit for yourself. I would recommend switching decks periodically.

Scyon

Yeah I'd assume there'd be a bit more other then going with the book and I'm finally getting the hang of it myself x_o and as far as the experiences from tartbear I did notice that too. certain cards poping up throughout different readings but is that because it just so happens or because your still concentrating on the last question? or maybe the deck is actually trying to tell you something? And as far as different decks are concerned... I've only owned one x_o... would a deck decide to pit against another if you dont treat them the same? maybe im thinking too much into it.. x_x''

star-lover

when i do too many readings i get a sign

today i drew the exact same 3 cards on 3 occasions
sign lol
x

Sakura Murasaki

I find that when I do multiple Tarot readings, I find them to be more accurate. Sometimes I'll draw at least five of the same cards, plus a few extra that seem to clarify my question or make a point.

However, depending on my energy levels, sometimes I'll do multiple readings because I'm not feeling confident in myself or I'm doubting myself and the cards. That's when I have to put the cards down and try again another day.

Sian100

I just feel drained of energy if I read too much.

Also if you ask the same question again and again, it will not be accurate (though I usually get cards pointing to the same answer nowadays).

Scyon

I'll agree with both comments. and yes I did seem to notice that I'll get better and better within a few readings but what if you worked on..lets say one of those "All Day" spreads then what happens then? do you loose more energy or about the same compared to a normal spread because its just one..

Sian100

Do people ever have a tea break or something similar in the middle of a particularly long reading (assuming no querant is sitting with you)?

I do sometimes, but find I can lose my flow of thought. But then, if you're tired, you're not going to be able to concentrate anyway.

Scyon

I'll be honest I've never tried one of those really long spreads (more so because I'm doubting myself with them?) but I would assume if someone was planning to they'd have food/drink with them? unless I'm wrong...